Re: [vwnc] fyi better Smalltalk "benchmarks game" programs would be very welcome

1 message Options

Re: [vwnc] fyi better Smalltalk "benchmarks game" programs would be very welcome

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi Isaac,

    the HPI folks and Stefan Marr have made a good collection of Smalltalk benchmarks which include the benchmarks game benchmarks.  You can find them here, and I believe VisualWorks comes with adaptors for Monticello repositories.

MCHttpRepository
user: 'squeak'
password: ''

As you know I'd love to be able to compare VisualWorks against Squeak and Pharo on Cog Spur.  I believe Spur is significantly faster than VisualWorks at this point, and Scorch/Sista is set to push things further.  I hope Smalltalk performance will be represented by the best of breed, and not limited to slower implementations.  At ;east I'd like to be able to check my assumption of Spur's performance vs VisualWorks.

cheers!

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 9:36 AM, Isaac Gouy <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 12:51 PM, Maarten Mostert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I use Matrix with 8.2.1 and it seems to work just fine

I know believe that Matrix also works just fine with 8.1.1pul but several of the examples shown in the MatriX parcel comment are broken.

best, Eliot