ReStore question

Bruno Brasesco
Hi,

I'm using Access 2003.

And every empty string in database is load as nil to the image.

Any idea ?

regards bruno

Re: ReStore question

John Aspinall-5
Hi Bruno,

> I'm using Access 2003.
>
> And every empty string in database is load as nil to the image.
>
> Any idea ?

This is a result of the shouldMapEmptyStringsToNil setting, which is basically a
workaround forAccess's default behaviour of not allowing empty Strings in a Text
column (which cannot be overidden via ODBC). There's a bit more on the setting
here:

http://www.solutionsoft.co.uk/restore/manual/customising5.htm

Regards,

John Aspinall
Solutions Software

Re: ReStore question

Schwab,Wilhelm K
John,

> This is a result of the shouldMapEmptyStringsToNil setting, which is basically a
> workaround forAccess's default behaviour of not allowing empty Strings in a Text
> column (which cannot be overidden via ODBC). There's a bit more on the setting
> here:

Would it help to dispatch stuff like this through a DBMS-specific policy
created on connect?  I do that to get around all kinds of problems with
an unnamed product among Access and MySQL ;)

Apologies if you are already doing that.  Interestingly, there were many
oddities of Access that I never noticed until I all but got rid of it.
MySQL behaved differently, and it turned out much better, in various
cirumstances.  It was "fun" sorting it all out though.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: ReStore transaction question

Bruno Brasesco
John;

Thanks.

It is possible to send #checkpoint (or something like this) to a
transaction.

I want to commit changes to database but i do not want to lose the
transaction.

regards bruno