Reading CSV files

12

Re: [7.8] Modal dialog?

Carl Gundel
Has anyone else needed this kind of behavior?

On Aug 16, 2011, at 9:29 PM, Carl Gundel wrote:

> How can I create a window which looks like a dialog, which makes only the single window it was opened from to be disabled, and which acts like a non dialog in any other respect?  In other words, events are handled as if it were not a dialog at all.  Other windows which are not the parent of my dialog can be activated and used while the dialog is still open.
>
> 1) Looks like a dialog (has same frame and buttons, non-resizable, etc.)
> 2) Only its parent is disabled
> 3) Behaves like a non-dialog
> 4) Other windows are responsive
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Carl Gundel
> http://www.libertybasic.com
> http://www.runbasic.com

[7.8] Appearance of fonts on Linux

Carl Gundel
Why are fonts unsmoothed when running on Linux (Ubuntu 9)?  What can be done about this?

-Carl Gundel
http://www.libertybasic.com
http://www.runbasic.com

Re: [7.8] Appearance of fonts on Linux

Ross Boylan
On Sat, 2011-08-20 at 13:01 -0400, Carl Gundel wrote:
> Why are fonts unsmoothed when running on Linux (Ubuntu 9)?  What can be done about this?
>
> -Carl Gundel
I noticed the fonts looked bad with vw7.7nc under Debian GNU/Linx
(lenny), which should be similar to Ubuntu.  Randy Taylor provided a fix
in case 432100, resolution Res98935.  Note the resolution is really a
template you may need to edit to put the name of the font you want.
There were some additional issues with repainting of fonts not
happening, mostly fixed in Res98935.  I don't know the extent to which
the fixes have been incorporated in later images.

I'm not sure what the rules are on posting the code, and so I'm just
providing the references.

Ross Boylan

12