Reading JSON

James-72
Hi all,

Have managed to get my webvelocity app generating json easily enough,
but can't find a simple way to make it parse json. Have found lots of
references to JsonReader online, but this does not seem to be
available in webvelocity, and although it is meant to be in the public
store, i can't find it anywhere. Can anyone assist with where
JsonReader is, or an alternative ? Or will i have to roll my own ?

thx

James

Re: Reading JSON

jarober
I think if you change the filters WV uses to read the repository, you can load it

On Apr 4, 2011, at 7:38 PM, jamesb wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Have managed to get my webvelocity app generating json easily enough,
> but can't find a simple way to make it parse json. Have found lots of
> references to JsonReader online, but this does not seem to be
> available in webvelocity, and although it is meant to be in the public
> store, i can't find it anywhere. Can anyone assist with where
> JsonReader is, or an alternative ? Or will i have to roll my own ?
>
> thx
>
> James

James Robertson
http://www.jarober.com

Re: Reading JSON

Geert Claes
Administrator
Maybe you can find some useful info on SqueakSource http://www.squeaksource.com/@56Si8UX-aq-RCtdY/UCL1U4dW in the JSON for Squeak package http://forum.world.st/JSON-parsing-tt1680067.html

VA Smalltalk also has a buikt-in JSON parser according to this recent post on: http://schrievkrom.wordpress.com/2011/04/04/vasmalltalk-json-and-the-delivered-jsjsonparser/

Re: Reading JSON

Michael Lucas-Smith-2
When I search for JSON in WebVelocity's search box I found JSJsonParser, eg:
JSJsonParser parse: '{"a": "b"}'

This worked like a charm for me.

Cheers,
Michael

On Apr 4, 2011, at 4:38 PM, jamesb wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Have managed to get my webvelocity app generating json easily enough,
> but can't find a simple way to make it parse json. Have found lots of
> references to JsonReader online, but this does not seem to be
> available in webvelocity, and although it is meant to be in the public
> store, i can't find it anywhere. Can anyone assist with where
> JsonReader is, or an alternative ? Or will i have to roll my own ?
>
> thx
>
> James

Re: Reading JSON

James-72
James R - Tried changing the filter to All, but still not visible.
Only seem to get around 50 packages in total which seems low, I'm sure
there used to be more when i looked in the past from VW.

Michael / Geert - That worked nicely thanks. Had seen the JSJsonParser
class but assumed it was tied to JavaScript somehow.

A related query, I had to qualify JSJsonParser with the Javascript
namespace, and had to qualify HttpClient with the Net namespace before
using it. Most examples i have found online have not required explicit
namespaces, so is there some way to include certain namespaces in my
project ?

thx

James

Re: Reading JSON

Michael Lucas-Smith-2

> A related query, I had to qualify JSJsonParser with the Javascript
> namespace, and had to qualify HttpClient with the Net namespace before
> using it. Most examples i have found online have not required explicit
> namespaces, so is there some way to include certain namespaces in my
> project ?

Not at the moment.

Michael