Reading a .res file in Windows

Jim Thompson-3
I'd like to add a .res file to my .exe in Windows.  Can someone tell me
if there is a way to read the STRINGTABLE info from the image.

--
Jim Thompson

Reply To: [hidden email]

LSF Development Corp.
1315 Turner
League City, TX 77573

832 423 7428 (mobile - ATT)
775 264 6670 (e-fax)

http://www.lsfdev.com
http://www.SanMarcosRiverRanch.com

Re: Reading a .res file in Windows

Dave Stevenson-3
For the installer, we created a file:
    C:\Program Files\Cincom\vw7.6\packaging\installer\stringtable.RES

You can see how the file is used in VWInstallerFramework>>stageSingleExeResourceFiles and VWInstallerFramework>>packageSingleExecutableForWindows

Note: the above files are from 7.6 - I don't think they were shipped for 7.7. But c:\Program Files\Cincom\vw7.7\packaging\win\WindowsPackaging.txt may still be helpful.

Dave Stevenson
[hidden email]