Reading data from a USB HID device

alistairgrant
Hi Everyone,

I've got a USB connected heart rate monitor that I'd like to access from
Pharo.

I found libusb-pharo at https://github.com/tamerescrl/libusb-pharo which
appears to do exactly what I want.

It was updated only 5 months ago, but doesn't load in Pharo 6.1 or 7,
failing with package UFFI-dev not found.

Does anyone have a better idea, or know if there is a working version
available?  Otherwise I'll have a go at getting it working in Pharo 7.

Thanks!
Alistair

Re: Reading data from a USB HID device

Stephane Ducasse-3
Contact Julien Delplanque he was working on it some months ago.

Stef

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 8:08 AM, Alistair Grant <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've got a USB connected heart rate monitor that I'd like to access from
> Pharo.
>
> I found libusb-pharo at https://github.com/tamerescrl/libusb-pharo which
> appears to do exactly what I want.
>
> It was updated only 5 months ago, but doesn't load in Pharo 6.1 or 7,
> failing with package UFFI-dev not found.
>
> Does anyone have a better idea, or know if there is a working version
> available?  Otherwise I'll have a go at getting it working in Pharo 7.
>
> Thanks!
> Alistair

Re: Reading data from a USB HID device

alistairgrant
Hi Stef,

On 30 March 2018 at 13:13, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Contact Julien Delplanque he was working on it some months ago.
>
> Stef

Thanks for the suggestion, I may do that.  I have made some progress:

- The package loads in 64 bits
- I can open and take control of the heart rate monitor and then
retrieve the reportDescriptor

I haven't yet succeeded in getting actual data back yet.  Requesting
data via the control pipe results in all zeros, attempting using the
Interrupt In pipe results in an I/O Error.

Thanks again,
Alistair