Readonly vs disabled element confusion

1 message Options

Readonly vs disabled element confusion

Brad Selfridge
Hello all.  I'm learning Illiad framework and I must say that I'm really enjoying it. Coming from a PHP background Illiad seems to make a lot more sense to me than Seaside. Seems to be a lot lighter weight and faster.

Here's my question:  I'm trying to set an input element on a form. What I'm finding is that the ILFormElementElement class >> disabled:  and readonly: are not treated alike. The "readonly" populates the html with "readonly=true" or "readonly=false" thereby ALWAYS rendering the input element "readonly".  I would expect that if I send "readonly: false" then NO html attribute rendered and vice versa.

Am I wrong?

Thanks,

Brad Selfridge
Brad Selfridge