Ready to use Roassal?

HilaireFernandes
Hi,

Is there a ready to download and to use Roassal for end user?

I found nothing on http://agilevisualization.com/ I can point a user to.
User unaware of Pharo, Smalltalk, etc.

Closest things I found is http://moosetechnology.org/#install. And
likely instructions will not work for a linux user.

Thanks

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Ready to use Roassal?

Hannes Hirzel
An easy to way to get it:

It is included in the 'Moose Suite' distribution available through the
'Pharo Launcher'.

Another option is to load it through the catalog:

see recent question on this list --Fri, Aug 24, 2018

Subject: Roassal installation in Pharo 6.1 through the catalog?

--Hannes

On 9/8/18, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a ready to download and to use Roassal for end user?
>
> I found nothing on http://agilevisualization.com/ I can point a user to.
> User unaware of Pharo, Smalltalk, etc.
>
> Closest things I found is http://moosetechnology.org/#install. And
> likely instructions will not work for a linux user.
>
> Thanks
>
> Hilaire
>
> --
> Dr. Geo
> http://drgeo.eu

Pharo_launcher_with_roassal_included_in_Moose_Suite_Screenshot_2018-09-08.png (111K) Download Attachment

Re: Ready to use Roassal?

Hannes Hirzel
On 9/8/18, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> An easy to way to get it:
>
> It is included in the 'Moose Suite' distribution available through the
> 'Pharo Launcher'.

This is what you get when you go to

http://pharo.org/web/download

works very fine on Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 in my case)

> Another option is to load it through the catalog:
>
> see recent question on this list --Fri, Aug 24, 2018
>
> Subject: Roassal installation in Pharo 6.1 through the catalog?
>

> --Hannes
>

> On 9/8/18, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a ready to download and to use Roassal for end user?
>>
>> I found nothing on http://agilevisualization.com/ I can point a user to.
>> User unaware of Pharo, Smalltalk, etc.
>>
>> Closest things I found is http://moosetechnology.org/#install. And
>> likely instructions will not work for a linux user.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Hilaire
>>
>> --
>> Dr. Geo
>> http://drgeo.eu

Re: Ready to use Roassal?

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Hi Hilaire,

> Is there a ready to download and to use Roassal for end user?

I am not sure what you mean. For non-pharo user?

> I found nothing on http://agilevisualization.com/ I can point a user to.
> User unaware of Pharo, Smalltalk, etc.

The agilevisualization.com website says:

"Installing Roassal is easy. You need to install Pharo. Open the Catalog browser, and select Roassal. A video illustrating these steps is online.”

How can I improve the installation instruction?

Also, the Quickstart chapter details the steps:
http://agilevisualization.com/AgileVisualization/QuickStart/0101-QuickStart.html

Cheers,
Alexandre

Re: Ready to use Roassal?

HilaireFernandes
Hello Alexandre,

Afterward, I have indicated that to this non-pharo user.

Le 09/09/2018 à 11:36, Alexandre Bergel via Pharo-users a écrit :
> The agilevisualization.com website says:
>
> "Installing Roassal is easy. You need to install Pharo. Open the Catalog browser, and select Roassal. A video illustrating these steps is online.”
>
> How can I improve the installation instruction?
>
> Also, the Quickstart chapter details the steps:
> http://agilevisualization.com/AgileVisualization/QuickStart/0101-QuickStart.html
I was confused as I did not find this zip file ready to download, as
described in this quick start page.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Ready to use Roassal?

Peter Uhnak
Not sure if this is already fixed in P7, but in P6 sometimes the catalog would not load properly... so one has to close pharo and open it again... probably not the best experience for non-pharo user.

Also, if your user is using linux, they also need to have libcairo(i386) installed, otherwise Roassal will not work.

Peter

Le 09/09/2018 à 15:06, Peter Uhnak a écrit :
> Not sure if this is already fixed in P7, but in P6 sometimes the
> catalog would not load properly... so one has to close pharo and open
> it again... probably not the best experience for non-pharo user.

This was my taught too.

> Also, if your user is using linux, they also need to have
> libcairo(i386) installed, otherwise Roassal will not work.
This one is ok, this is a Dr. Geo user.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo