Rebinding keys in Cuis?

Casey Ransberger-2
Hey all,

I'm wondering how to bind keys (say, control-backtick) so that a message gets sent whenever that key combination is pressed. I've never really figured this part out:(

I'm experimenting with some window management ideas. I can control the windows just fine, but I'm firing messages from an inspector presently.

--
Casey Ransberger

Re: Rebinding keys in Cuis?

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Casey,

On 27/06/2013 10:34 p.m., Casey Ransberger wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm wondering how to bind keys (say, control-backtick) so that a
> message gets sent whenever that key combination is pressed. I've never
> really figured this part out:(

For text editors, see in class Editor the 'shortcuts' and 'cmdShortcuts'
class instance variables. For Morphic World level keystrokes, see
#focusKeyboardFor: . I'm _sure_ there's room for a better design, or at
least some cleanup there.

> I'm experimenting with some window management ideas. I can control the
> windows just fine, but I'm firing messages from an inspector presently.

Cool! Check that there is some stuff to #activateNextWindow ,
#activatePreviousWindow , #keyboardFocusNext , #keyboardFocusPrevious .
Please cleanup any remains :)

> --
> Casey Ransberger

Cheers,