Recent Messages Browser

Benjamin Van Ryseghem
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Recent Messages Browser

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 2:47 AM, Benjamin Van Ryseghem <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everybody,

I've rewrited a recent messages browser based on MorphTreeMorph.

Hi, this is very good idea!

If you can test it and tell me what's do you think about, it will be cool (I'm a new Smalltalker ^^)

welcome!

You can download code here :

Gofer new
      squeaksource: 'PharoTaskForces';
      package: 'RecentSubmissions';
      load.

To launch it, just click on the World >> Tools >> Recent Messages.

You can set it up in the Setting Menu >> Code browsing >> Recent Message.

Ok...I did it. A few remarks:

1) RecentMessageList >> initialize

you do

SmalltalkImage current addToStartUpList: self class.

but should be SmalltalkImage addToStartUpList: self class.

(at least in Pharo 1.1)

2) What is the idea of the Recent Messages?   To see the recent MODIFIED methods ? isn't it?   If true, maybe would be good to
2.1) directly show the diff with the previous version
2.2) Have a button to see the versions of that method

3) Once you press any button, like collapse all or similar, they become blue and neve grey again

4) When is the list of recen messages clean ?  how do you know the recen messages? you store that information somewhere? when is that cleaned?

Thank you very much and continue with the good work!  Maybe once we can include it by defult in Pharo.

Cheers

Mariano

Thank you

Ben

Re: [Pharo-project] Recent Messages Browser

Stéphane Ducasse

On Jul 30, 2010, at 10:47 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 2:47 AM, Benjamin Van Ryseghem <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>

> I've rewrited a recent messages browser based on MorphTreeMorph.
>

> Hi, this is very good idea!
>

> If you can test it and tell me what's do you think about, it will be cool (I'm a new Smalltalker ^^)
>

> welcome!
>

> You can download code here :
>
> Gofer new
>       squeaksource: 'PharoTaskForces';
>       package: 'RecentSubmissions';
>       load.
>

> To launch it, just click on the World >> Tools >> Recent Messages.
>
> You can set it up in the Setting Menu >> Code browsing >> Recent Message.
>

> Ok...I did it. A few remarks:
>
> 1) RecentMessageList >> initialize
>
> you do
>
> SmalltalkImage current addToStartUpList: self class.
>
> but should be SmalltalkImage addToStartUpList: self class.

just Smalltalk addToStartUpList: self class.

> (at least in Pharo 1.1)
>
> 2) What is the idea of the Recent Messages?   To see the recent MODIFIED methods ? isn't it?   If true, maybe would be good to
> 2.1) directly show the diff with the previous version
> 2.2) Have a button to see the versions of that method
>
> 3) Once you press any button, like collapse all or similar, they become blue and neve grey again
>
> 4) When is the list of recen messages clean ?  how do you know the recen messages? you store that information somewhere? when is that cleaned?
>

> Thank you very much and continue with the good work!  Maybe once we can include it by defult in Pharo.

yes this is the point.