Recent Pharo 6.1 OSX shows lots of "Error: unsupported compressor 8 on command line"

Recent Pharo 6.1 OSX shows lots of "Error: unsupported compressor 8 on command line"

Tim Mackinnon
I noticed that recent Pharo 6.1 zero conf downloads show lots of these errors when you run the image in the terminal. Previous versions didn’t do this - is this something to do with the latest vm upgrade?

./pharo-ui PagerDuty.image
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'

Tim

Re: Recent Pharo 6.1 OSX shows lots of "Error: unsupported compressor 8 on command line"

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Yeah, I saw that for a while too, but my 64bit P7 VMs from the last couple of days don't do this anymore.
I don't know why.

> On 10 May 2018, at 23:53, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I noticed that recent Pharo 6.1 zero conf downloads show lots of these errors when you run the image in the terminal. Previous versions didn’t do this - is this something to do with the latest vm upgrade?
>
> ./pharo-ui PagerDuty.image
> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'
> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'
>

> Tim

Re: Recent Pharo 6.1 OSX shows lots of "Error: unsupported compressor 8 on command line"

EstebanLM
This is a problem since more than one year.
Apple changed something on their apis and nobody knows how to fix it.

but it is just a warning and you can work normally anyway :)

cheers,
Esteban

> On 11 May 2018, at 00:14, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yeah, I saw that for a while too, but my 64bit P7 VMs from the last couple of days don't do this anymore.
> I don't know why.
>
>> On 10 May 2018, at 23:53, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I noticed that recent Pharo 6.1 zero conf downloads show lots of these errors when you run the image in the terminal. Previous versions didn’t do this - is this something to do with the latest vm upgrade?
>>
>> ./pharo-ui PagerDuty.image
>> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
>> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'
>> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
>> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'
>>

>> Tim

Re: Recent Pharo 6.1 OSX shows lots of "Error: unsupported compressor 8 on command line"

SergeStinckwich
Yes this is just a little bit annoying when you use Pillar because you have a lot of noise ;-)

Envoyé de mon iPhone

> Le 11 mai 2018 à 17:17, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> This is a problem since more than one year.
> Apple changed something on their apis and nobody knows how to fix it.
>
> but it is just a warning and you can work normally anyway :)
>
> cheers,
> Esteban
>
>> On 11 May 2018, at 00:14, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, I saw that for a while too, but my 64bit P7 VMs from the last couple of days don't do this anymore.
>> I don't know why.
>>
>>> On 10 May 2018, at 23:53, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I noticed that recent Pharo 6.1 zero conf downloads show lots of these errors when you run the image in the terminal. Previous versions didn’t do this - is this something to do with the latest vm upgrade?
>>>
>>> ./pharo-ui PagerDuty.image
>>> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
>>> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'
>>> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
>>> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'
>>>

>>> Tim

Re: Recent Pharo 6.1 OSX shows lots of "Error: unsupported compressor 8 on command line"

SergeStinckwich
Any news on this ? This is only a 32 bits VM problem ?
Why when I install Pillar on MacOS, the 32bits VM is used and not 64bits VM ?

--
Serge Stinckwic

Int. Research Unit
 on Modelling/Simulation of Complex Systems (UMMISCO)
Sorbonne University
 (SU)
French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)
niversity of Yaoundé I, Cameroun
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich

Re: Recent Pharo 6.1 OSX shows lots of "Error: unsupported compressor 8 on command line"

ducasse
Hi serge

I cannot check now but Pillar should be running in P7 64 bits without problem.
I see many warnings too.
Can you open a bug entry?
Stef