Recent Pharo 6.1 OSX shows lots of "Error: unsupported compressor 8 on command line"

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Recent Pharo 6.1 OSX shows lots of "Error: unsupported compressor 8 on command line"

Tim Mackinnon
I noticed that recent Pharo 6.1 zero conf downloads show lots of these errors when you run the image in the terminal. Previous versions didn’t do this - is this something to do with the latest vm upgrade?

./pharo-ui PagerDuty.image 
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'

Tim
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Recent Pharo 6.1 OSX shows lots of "Error: unsupported compressor 8 on command line"

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Yeah, I saw that for a while too, but my 64bit P7 VMs from the last couple of days don't do this anymore.
I don't know why.

> On 10 May 2018, at 23:53, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I noticed that recent Pharo 6.1 zero conf downloads show lots of these errors when you run the image in the terminal. Previous versions didn’t do this - is this something to do with the latest vm upgrade?
>
> ./pharo-ui PagerDuty.image
> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'
> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'
>
>
> Tim

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Recent Pharo 6.1 OSX shows lots of "Error: unsupported compressor 8 on command line"

EstebanLM
This is a problem since more than one year.
Apple changed something on their apis and nobody knows how to fix it.

but it is just a warning and you can work normally anyway :)

cheers,
Esteban

> On 11 May 2018, at 00:14, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yeah, I saw that for a while too, but my 64bit P7 VMs from the last couple of days don't do this anymore.
> I don't know why.
>
>> On 10 May 2018, at 23:53, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I noticed that recent Pharo 6.1 zero conf downloads show lots of these errors when you run the image in the terminal. Previous versions didn’t do this - is this something to do with the latest vm upgrade?
>>
>> ./pharo-ui PagerDuty.image
>> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
>> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'
>> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
>> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'
>>
>>
>> Tim
>
>

Reply | Threaded
|

SergeStinckwich
Yes this is just a little bit annoying when you use Pillar because you have a lot of noise ;-)

Envoyé de mon iPhone

> Le 11 mai 2018 à 17:17, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> This is a problem since more than one year.
> Apple changed something on their apis and nobody knows how to fix it.
>
> but it is just a warning and you can work normally anyway :)
>
> cheers,
> Esteban
>
>> On 11 May 2018, at 00:14, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, I saw that for a while too, but my 64bit P7 VMs from the last couple of days don't do this anymore.
>> I don't know why.
>>
>>> On 10 May 2018, at 23:53, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I noticed that recent Pharo 6.1 zero conf downloads show lots of these errors when you run the image in the terminal. Previous versions didn’t do this - is this something to do with the latest vm upgrade?
>>>
>>> ./pharo-ui PagerDuty.image
>>> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
>>> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'
>>> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8
>>> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'
>>>
>>>
>>> Tim
>>
>>
>
>

Reply | Threaded
|

SergeStinckwich
Any news on this ? This is only a 32 bits VM problem ?
Why when I install Pillar on MacOS, the 32bits VM is used and not 64bits VM ?

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 11:37 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes this is just a little bit annoying when you use Pillar because you have a lot of noise ;-)

Envoyé de mon iPhone

>
>
>
> cheers,
> Esteban
>
>>
>> Yeah, I saw that for a while too, but my 64bit P7 VMs from the last couple of days don't do this anymore.
>> I don't know why.
>>
>>>
>>> I noticed that recent Pharo 6.1 zero conf downloads show lots of these errors when you run the image in the terminal. Previous versions didn’t do this - is this something to do with the latest vm upgrade?
>>>
>>> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'
>>> /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'
>>>
>>>
>>> Tim
>>
>>
>
>

--
Serge Stinckwic
h

Int. Research Unit
 on Modelling/Simulation of Complex Systems (UMMISCO)
Sorbonne University
 (SU)
French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)
U
niversity of Yaoundé I, Cameroun
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
https://twitter.com/SergeStinckwich
Reply | Threaded
|

ducasse
Hi serge

I cannot check now but Pillar should be running in P7 64 bits without problem.
I see many warnings too. 
Can you open a bug entry?
Stef

On 18 Apr 2019, at 15:48, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:

Envoyé de mon iPhone

>
>
>
> cheers,
> Esteban
>
>>
>> I don't know why.
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Tim
>>
>>
>
>

--
Serge Stinckwic
h

Int. Research Unit
Sorbonne University
 (SU)
U
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."

Reply | Threaded
|

SergeStinckwich

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 4:15 PM ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi serge

I cannot check now but Pillar should be running in P7 64 bits without problem.
I see many warnings too. 
Can you open a bug entry?
Stef

On 18 Apr 2019, at 15:48, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:

Envoyé de mon iPhone

>
>
>
> cheers,
> Esteban
>
>>
>> I don't know why.
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Tim
>>
>>
>
>

--
Serge Stinckwic
h

Int. Research Unit
Sorbonne University
 (SU)
U

--
Serge Stinckwic
​h​

Int. Research Unit
​Sorbonne University
 (SU)
French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD)​
U
​niversity of Yaoundé I​, Cameroun