Recommended image resolution for Pillar books?

Recommended image resolution for Pillar books?

Dmitri Zagidulin
Does anybody know - what's the recommended resolution for screenshot-type images, for Pillar-generated PDFs?
I don't know much about creating printed materials (that will also be displayed on the web).
Specifically:

1. Is it ok to just put in arbitrary resolution and count on LaTeX or whatever to size them to the printed page correctly?

2. Does it matter (is it advantageous) whether one puts the width= attribute on the figure declarations?

General advice?

Re: Recommended image resolution for Pillar books?

Damien Cassou-2

Dmitri Zagidulin <[hidden email]> writes:

> 2. Does it matter (is it advantageous) whether one puts the width=
> attribute on the figure declarations?

I would use the width attribute to size the image with respect to his
surrounding text (e.g., half of the line width).

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

Re: Recommended image resolution for Pillar books?

Dmitri Zagidulin
How would one do that? Does the width attribute take HTML style parameters (px, %)?

On Tuesday, April 21, 2015, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dmitri Zagidulin <<a href="javascript:;" onclick="_e(event, &#39;cvml&#39;, &#39;dmitri@zagidulin.net&#39;)">dmitri@...> writes:

> 2. Does it matter (is it advantageous) whether one puts the width=
> attribute on the figure declarations?

I would use the width attribute to size the image with respect to his
surrounding text (e.g., half of the line width).

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

Re: Recommended image resolution for Pillar books?

Damien Cassou-2

Dmitri Zagidulin <[hidden email]> writes:

> How would one do that? Does the width attribute take HTML style parameters
> (px, %)?

in the Pillar chapter of EnterprisePharo, I give an example:

    +Caption of the picture>file://figures/pier-logo.png|width=50+

50 means half of the line width. Currently, there is no way to specify
something in px.

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/PillarChap/Pillar.pillar.html

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

Re: Recommended image resolution for Pillar books?

Dmitri Zagidulin
Ahhh I see. I assumed the width params were in pixels. Thanks!