Recovering Source from Packaged Image

Michael Voß
Hello everybody!

I recently came across some quite old packaged VAST (runtime) image, possibly packaged with VAST 4.5, that has been developed standalone and discarded long ago. Do you know of any possibility to recover the source from this packaged image into a newly set up development image/library? I guess I'd be able to find some VAST 4.5 installation to import into, but the manager.dat from 20 years ago is definitely lost and the code in question was never migrated to newer, still existing libraries.

Re: Recovering Source from Packaged Image

Davide Grandi-3

Here, May 2019 : a thread about "Non recoverable manager.dat".
Sorry not being able to resume the results, but it was worth
remembering.

My best wishes,

    Davide

On 03/07/2020 07:30, 'Michael Voß' via VA Smalltalk wrote:
Hello everybody!

I recently came across some quite old packaged VAST (runtime) image, possibly packaged with VAST 4.5, that has been developed standalone and discarded long ago. Do you know of any possibility to recover the source from this packaged image into a newly set up development image/library? I guess I'd be able to find some VAST 4.5 installation to import into, but the manager.dat from 20 years ago is definitely lost and the code in question was never migrated to newer, still existing libraries.
Ing. Davide Grandi
email    : [hidden email]
mobile   : +39 339 7468 778
linkedin : http://linkedin.com/in/davidegrandi

Re: Recovering Source from Packaged Image

Mariano Martinez Peck-2

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 2:54 PM Davide Grandi <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Software Engineer, Instantiations Inc.