Redline on Heroku

Will Leinweber
I got Redline running on heroku with almost no fuss. https://stout.herokuapp.com/

The only change to redline itself was to make it read the server port from the env instead of hard coded to 8080: https://github.com/will/redline-smalltalk-heroku/commit/ce4112cf48cb9e992457aed7008cf3fce5e822b3 It should probably thread the port from an argument to the stout script, but I don't really know java.

The only other steps were adding a procfile and setting the redline_home env var, and that was it. Pretty easy.

— Will

Re: Redline on Heroku

James Ladd
Hi Will,

Thank you for this excellent work.

Would you consider doing the first ever 'guest' blog post for Redline on how you got
Stout working on Heoku?

Rgs, James.

On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:20:04 PM UTC+11, Will Leinweber wrote:
I got Redline running on heroku with almost no fuss. https://stout.herokuapp.com/

The only change to redline itself was to make it read the server port from the env instead of hard coded to 8080: https://github.com/will/redline-smalltalk-heroku/commit/ce4112cf48cb9e992457aed7008cf3fce5e822b3 It should probably thread the port from an argument to the stout script, but I don't really know java.

The only other steps were adding a procfile and setting the redline_home env var, and that was it. Pretty easy.

— Will

Re: Redline on Heroku

SeanTAllen
Doing a blog post is pretty easy if you know Jekyll/Github pages.

You can fork the website repo, add and do a pull request

OR

You can go the James Ladd wrote and send me the content and I'll post it.

Sean's email address: [hidden email]

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Redline on Heroku

senTalker
I never used Heroku. However I find it exciting and encouraging to see how (this) Smalltalk integrates with "the rest of the world" so easily. Kudos!

El martes, 20 de noviembre de 2012 07:20:04 UTC+1, Will Leinweber escribió:
I got Redline running on heroku with almost no fuss. https://stout.herokuapp.com/

The only change to redline itself was to make it read the server port from the env instead of hard coded to 8080: https://github.com/will/redline-smalltalk-heroku/commit/ce4112cf48cb9e992457aed7008cf3fce5e822b3 It should probably thread the port from an argument to the stout script, but I don't really know java.

The only other steps were adding a procfile and setting the redline_home env var, and that was it. Pretty easy.

— Will

— Will

— Will

Re: Redline on Heroku