Refactor -> Rename class

Nicolás Paez

I am using this feature I think that the "rename..." menu option should by default work like refactor, at this moment it just renames the class with updating dependent stuff, if you want to apply refactor you have to drill down to the refactor class suboption.

I think "remove class..." and "rename class..." (in a refactor way) are the more frequent actions applied on a class. I don't mind if the option is duplicated in the menu if it makes thing easy.

Regards,
Nicolás

Re: Refactor -> Rename class

Stéphane Ducasse
yes I would love that too :)

Stef

On Aug 13, 2010, at 10:22 AM, Nicolas Paez wrote:

> I am using this feature I think that the "rename..." menu option should by default work like refactor, at this moment it just renames the class with updating dependent stuff, if you want to apply refactor you have to drill down to the refactor class suboption.
>
> I think "remove class..." and "rename class..." (in a refactor way) are the more frequent actions applied on a class. I don't mind if the option is duplicated in the menu if it makes thing easy.
>
> <moz-screenshot-56.png>
>
> Regards,
> Nicolás

Re: Refactor -> Rename class

Carla F. Griggio
I agree. Maybe the refactor option and non-refactor option could be swapped? I mean, the 'rename class' option that doesn't do the refactor could be in the list of the bottom, so we don't lose the option just in case.

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
yes I would love that too :)

Stef

On Aug 13, 2010, at 10:22 AM, Nicolas Paez wrote:

> I am using this feature I think that the "rename..." menu option should by default work like refactor, at this moment it just renames the class with updating dependent stuff, if you want to apply refactor you have to drill down to the refactor class suboption.
>
> I think "remove class..." and "rename class..." (in a refactor way) are the more frequent actions applied on a class. I don't mind if the option is duplicated in the menu if it makes thing easy.
>
> <moz-screenshot-56.png>
>
> Regards,
> Nicolás

Re: Refactor -> Rename class

SeanTAllen
I've accidentally done the non refactoring one more times than I want
to recount.

Hiding it from me would be something I'm completely in favor of.