Refactoring: I think renaming a presenter class broke resources referencing it

Refactoring: I think renaming a presenter class broke resources referencing it

Sebastián Sastre
Hi,

  I was making some presenter refactorization and unfortunately noticed
that after changing the name of a class, some of my presenters just
can't show its resources, even can't edit them. I think is because the
name of the reference has changed. Shouldn't the refactoring browser
contemplate this situation automagically?

 I'm forced to manually review an uncertain number of presenters to see
if one of it's resources makes reference to the presenter class beign
renamed?

  thanks,

Sebastián

Re: Refactoring: I think renaming a presenter class broke resources referencing it

Andy Bower-3
Sebastián,

>   I was making some presenter refactorization and unfortunately
> noticed that after changing the name of a class, some of my
> presenters just can't show its resources, even can't edit them. I
> think is because the name of the reference has changed. Shouldn't the
> refactoring browser contemplate this situation automagically?
>
>  I'm forced to manually review an uncertain number of presenters to
> see if one of it's resources makes reference to the presenter class
> beign renamed?

Can you give an exact sequence of actions to demonstrate this so we can
take a look at it?

Best regards,

--
Andy Bower
Dolphin Support

Re: Refactoring: I think renaming a presenter class broke resources referencing it

Chris Uppal-3
Sebastián wrote:

>   I was making some presenter refactorization and unfortunately noticed
> that after changing the name of a class, some of my presenters just
> can't show its resources, even can't edit them. I think is because the
> name of the reference has changed. Shouldn't the refactoring browser
> contemplate this situation automagically?

Are you using D5 or D6 ?

    -- chris

Re: Refactoring: I think renaming a presenter class broke resources referencing it

Esteban A. Maringolo-3
Sebastián escribió:
>   I was making some presenter refactorization and unfortunately noticed
> that after changing the name of a class, some of my presenters just
> can't show its resources, even can't edit them. I think is because the
> name of the reference has changed. Shouldn't the refactoring browser
> contemplate this situation automagically?

In Dolphin 6 it does, in D5 not.

>  I'm forced to manually review an uncertain number of presenters to see
> if one of it's resources makes reference to the presenter class beign
> renamed?

Same statement as above.

Dolphin 5 serializes view resources using binary filing, Dolphin 6
uses "literal" filing. So in D6 views are not anymore "black boxes".

Best regards,

--
Esteban.

Re: Refactoring: I think renaming a presenter class broke resources referencing it

Sebastián Sastre
I'm using Dolphin Professional 5.1.4

Seb

Re: Refactoring: I think renaming a presenter class broke resources referencing it

Sebastián Sastre
Just make some presenter that have some referenceView subpresenter
called lets say BasicContactPresetner (thats the class name).
Save it and close the view composer.
With refactoring rename BasicContactPresetner to BasicContactPresenter
and accept.
Then try to open the view composer on the edited presenter.
regards,

Seb

Re: Refactoring: I think renaming a presenter class broke resources referencing it

Martin Rubi
> I'm forced to manually review an uncertain number of presenters to see
>if one of it's resources makes reference to the presenter class beign
>renamed?

I have done a tool to avoid this kind of search while I'm refactoring Views.
With a bit of luck, this tool will find which resources include a reference
to the Presenter you want to rename.

You can find it here:

http://www.bokonon.com.ar/resourceLoader/resourceLoader.html

regards
martin

Re: Refactoring: I think renaming a presenter class broke resources referencing it

Udo Schneider
Martin Rubi,

> You can find it here:
>
> http://www.bokonon.com.ar/resourceLoader/resourceLoader.html

Did your goodies move to somewhere else? The server doesn't seem to
exist anymore.

CU,

Udo

Re: Refactoring: I think renaming a presenter class broke resources referencing it

Martin Rubi
Udo
I have no idea what happened, I guess there is somehting _really_ bad with
the hosting.
I will try ti find out what the problem is and upload the goodies again. In
the meantime, if someone wants any package from there, just let me know. I
have ported the resourceLoader for d6, by the way.

Thank you very much for telling me !
best regards

martin

news:[hidden email]...

Martin Rubi wrote:
> I have no idea what happened, I guess there is somehting _really_ bad with
> the hosting.
> I will try ti find out what the problem is and upload the goodies again. In
> the meantime, if someone wants any package from there, just let me know. I
> have ported the resourceLoader for d6, by the way.
I could put them on Dolphinmap.net meanwhile if you want.

CU,

Udo

Re: Refactoring: I think renaming a presenter class broke resources referencing it

Martin Rubi
Udo, that would be great. Just tell me what to do, and hopefully tonight I
will find a backup somewhere.

Martin Rubi wrote:
> Udo, that would be great. Just tell me what to do, and hopefully tonight I
> will find a backup somewhere.
> best regards
I could create a subdomain (e.g. martinrubi.dolphinmap.net - comments
welcome) to host the stuff you had. Just send me the files (with html
pages and things like that) and I'll put it online.

CU,

Udo