Refactoring and with: [] indention

Scott Gibson
When I refactor, or format the code, there seems to be too much indention where "with: []" is used.  For example:

renderHeaderOn: html
    (html div)
        id: 'header';
        with: [
                    self renderLoginOn: html.
                    self renderLogoOn: html.
                    self renderMenuOn: html ]

Is this how it is supposed to be?  Is there a way to reduce the indention by one level if so?

Thanks!
Scott Gibson

Re: Refactoring and with: [] indention

Lukas Renggli
In 'World > System > Settings > Refactoring Engine > Configurable
Formatter' you can change all kinds of settings related to the
formatting.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Refactoring and with: [] indention

Scott Gibson
Thanks Lukas.  I had noticed this but was not finding the correct combination so I thought I would ask.  I did find that this extra indention is occurring in RBConfigurableFormatter>>isMultiLineMessage: and is fixed if I made the change to remove the additional indent (was IndentsForKeywords + 1) as seen in the snippet below.

(aMessageNode arguments
                anySatisfy: [ :each | self indent: IndentsForKeywords around: [ self willBeMultiline: each ] ])
                ifTrue: [ ^ true ].

This fixed my issue and seems to work well.  I am sure you know this code very well so this is nothing you would not already know but it is pretty cool to me that I can make such a change to the system so easily.  I now just need to find a good way to apply this change to my images going forward.

Thanks!
Scott

--
Scott Gibson

Re: Refactoring and with: [] indention

Scott Gibson
Okay, so that is not exactly right.  Indentions would not occur for cascaded messages with that change.  I believe I found what I needed by removing the extra extra "self indentAround: []" call in RBConfigurableFormatter>>acceptCascadeNode:.

I also found where to change the code so that comments do not get pulled from their own lines and appended to the end of code, which is nice.

Thanks,
Scott