ReferenceViews

Günther Schmidt
Hi,

I have been using Dolphin for so long now and just yesterday noticed
ReferenceViews by looking closer at that funny part in just about any
Dialog view for the first time.

Very, very convenient feature, I wish it had occured to me earlier.

So I was going to use ReferenceView in my GUI construction. I have tried
every sneaky trick I can think of to get them into a presenter without
the slightest success.

How /did/ you guys at OA construct the Dialog Views?

Guenther

Re: ReferenceViews

Edward Stow
Günther Schmidt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been using Dolphin for so long now and just yesterday noticed
> ReferenceViews by looking closer at that funny part in just about any
> Dialog view for the first time.
>
> Very, very convenient feature, I wish it had occured to me earlier.
>
> So I was going to use ReferenceView in my GUI construction. I have tried
> every sneaky trick I can think of to get them into a presenter without
> the slightest success.
>
> How /did/ you guys at OA construct the Dialog Views?
>
> Guenther

Guenther,

I asked something similiar a couple of months back:

To create a ReferenceView - select your view, Alt and drag.

I really think this is a user interface flaw  in the Visual Composer --
as you have no other visual clue that alt changes the behaviour of the
drag.

acg

Re: ReferenceViews

acg
Hello Günther

 From the old Dolphin5 Education Centre---
"
Reference views
Normally, when a view resource is dragged from the toolbox and dropped
into the Arena a copy is taken and you are effectively adding this copy
to your view. In many cases this is what you'll want but sometimes it
is convenient to be able to drop a reference to the original resource.
You can do this by holding down the Alt key during the drag operation.

When you add a view reference, a copy of the original resource is not
added to the view you are creating. Instead the reference acts as a
place holder that causes the original resource to be loaded in place
whenever your view is loaded. This idea can greatly ease maintenance
issues for systems that tend to reuse complex view resources in many
places, since it is then only necessary to make a change in a single
view for it to be reflected (by reference) to many others. The
development system tools make use of this feature extensively."
ACG