References to Smalltalk

Esteban A. Maringolo-3
Hello,

I'm trying to find references to the global Smalltalk, in order to
find the methods which sends "Smalltalk at:", but if I search for
references to SystemDictionary no reference is found, so I cant
search for senders or references to Smalltalk.

What should I do?

Regards,

--
Esteban.

Re: References to Smalltalk

Christopher J. Demers
"Esteban A. Maringolo" <[hidden email]> wrote in
message news:436287b9$[hidden email]...
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to find references to the global Smalltalk, in order to find
> the methods which sends "Smalltalk at:", but if I search for references to
> SystemDictionary no reference is found, so I cant search for senders or
> references to Smalltalk.
>
> What should I do?

Try evaluating this:
========
SmalltalkSystem current browseGlobalReferences: #Smalltalk -> Smalltalk.
========
It will show you references to Smalltalk.

Chris

Re: References to Smalltalk

Esteban A. Maringolo-3
Hello:

With this "not so nice" sentences I could open a method browser on
all the references.

Best regards.

browser := SmalltalkSystem current methodBrowserClass create.
browser caption: 'References to the Smalltalk global'.
browser browser
        list: (((Smalltalk at: #Smalltalk) allReferences at: 2)
allReferences select: [:each | each isKindOf: CompiledMethod ]);
        filter: [:each | each isKindOf: CompiledMethod ].
browser show

If there exists a more elegant way... I'll be pleased to know.

Best regards,

Re: References to Smalltalk

Esteban A. Maringolo-3
Christopher J. Demers escribió:

> Try evaluating this:
> ========
> SmalltalkSystem current browseGlobalReferences: #Smalltalk -> Smalltalk.
> ========
> It will show you references to Smalltalk.

Thanks, there is always a cleaner solution :-)

Best regards.

--
Esteban.