References to 'Squeak' in the Pharo image

References to 'Squeak' in the Pharo image

Daniel Klein
I'm seeing some references to 'Squeak' in the image, especially in the Class documentation.

Should I be reporting this somewhere?

Dan

Re: References to 'Squeak' in the Pharo image

Stéphane Ducasse
Yes this would be good.

Thanks Dan

Stef
On Nov 27, 2010, at 3:39 AM, Daniel Klein wrote:

> I'm seeing some references to 'Squeak' in the image, especially in the Class documentation.
>
> Should I be reporting this somewhere?
>
> Dan

Re: References to 'Squeak' in the Pharo image

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 3:39 AM, Daniel Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm seeing some references to 'Squeak' in the image, especially in the Class documentation.

Should I be reporting this somewhere?

Yes, and a fix is welcome too ;)

Luc has already done this task, but for methods I think, not for class comments.

Seems we still have work to do ;)

(Smalltalk allClassesAndTraits select: [:each | each comment asString includesSubstring: 'Squeak' caseSensitive: false ]) size  -----> 108

cheers

mariano

Re: References to 'Squeak' in the Pharo image

Daniel Klein
The first one I found was in the 'ProtoObject' class comment.

I'm really new to all of this. Is there someplace the explains how to submit 'fixes'?

Dan

mariano

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Daniel Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:
The first one I found was in the 'ProtoObject' class comment.

I'm really new to all of this. Is there someplace the explains how to submit 'fixes'?

Hi Dan, then....first of all, welcome!!! :)

Yes, it is explained here: http://www.pharo-project.org/community/issue-tracking

So then you have to go to http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list

But you can start step by step. You can first submit a first fix for ProtoObject class only, and then when you feel more confortable you do the test (if you want, of course).

cheers

mariano

Dan