[Reflectivity] Object invalidate now works

[Reflectivity] Object invalidate now works

Marcus Denker-4
Hi,

The mechanism that is behind the MetaLinks is now working for Object 50378:

Object methods do: #createTwin.
Object methods do: #invalidate.

This means we are very close on having that working on the whole image.

Next steps:

-> invalidate the whole kernel.
-> then: check/fix putting links on all methods (#before/#after).
        (there seems a bug in the code dealing with primitives, to check)
-> then: meta-recursion stopping links: take care of the code executed
             until the recursion check is reached. Test.
-> First use case: Breakpoints, with IDE integration.

        Marcus

Re: [Reflectivity] Object invalidate now works

Marcus Denker-4

> On 09 Oct 2015, at 13:47, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> The mechanism that is behind the MetaLinks is now working for Object 50378:
>
> Object methods do: #createTwin.
> Object methods do: #invalidate.
>
> This means we are very close on having that working on the whole image.
>
> Next steps:
>
> -> invalidate the whole kernel.

Done. in 50384:

Object package methods do: [ :method |
        method createTwin. method invalidate].

        Marcus

Re: [Reflectivity] Object invalidate now works

Marcus Denker-4

> On 13 Oct 2015, at 17:01, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 09 Oct 2015, at 13:47, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The mechanism that is behind the MetaLinks is now working for Object 50378:
>>
>> Object methods do: #createTwin.
>> Object methods do: #invalidate.
>>
>> This means we are very close on having that working on the whole image.
>>
>> Next steps:
>>
>> -> invalidate the whole kernel.
>
> Done. in 50384:
>
> Object package methods do: [ :method |
> method createTwin. method invalidate].

As of 50#429, this is now working for the complete system… (silly bug in the end, like always…).

        Marcus