Regex plugin on SeasideHosting ?

Florian Minjat
Hi,
   I wanted to test my application on SeasideHosting.
   But I ended with this pretty error :

# UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #doPrimitive:
     self nil
     temps
     aMessage doPrimitive: 'primPCRECompile'

# RePattern>>primPCRECompile
     self a RePattern('[0-9]+\.mcz')
        temps
        inst vars
        pattern '[0-9]+\.mcz'
        compileOptions 0
        pcrePointer nil
        extraPointer nil
        errorString nil
        offset nil
        matchOptions 0
        matchSpace nil
        lastMatchResult nil

RePattern>>compile:optCode:onErrorRun:
     self a RePattern('[0-9]+\.mcz')
        temps
        aString '[0-9]+\.mcz'
        anInteger 0
        aBlock [] in Re>>compile {[:x :y :errorString | Error signal:
errorString]}
        inst vars
        pattern '[0-9]+\.mcz

Re>>compile
     self an Re for '[0-9]+\.mcz'( NOT anchored./ case sensitive. NOT
dollar end only. NOT dot includes newlin...etc...
     temps
     x nil
     y nil
     errorString nil
     inst vars
     pattern '[0-9]+\.mcz'
     compiledPattern nil
     isAnchored false
     isCaseSensitive true
     isDollarEndOnly false
     isDotIncludesNewline false
     isExtended false
     isExtra false
     isMultiline false
     isBeginningOfLine true
     isEndOfLine true
     isGreedy true

Re>>assureCompiledPattern
     self an Re for '[0-9]+\.mcz'( NOT anchored./ case sensitive. NOT
dollar end only. NOT dot includes newlin...etc...
     temps
     inst vars
     pattern '[0-9]+\.mcz'
     compiledPattern nil
     isAnchored false
     isCaseSensitive true
     isDollarEndOnly false
     isDotIncludesNewline false
     isExtended false
     isExtra false
     isMultiline false
     isBeginningOfLine true
     isEndOfLine true

I checked my local version, the code is strictly the same in
RePattern>>primPCRECompile :
primPCRECompile
        <primitive: 'primPCRECompile' module: 'RePlugin'>
        ^RePlugin doPrimitive: 'primPCRECompile'

With RePlugin undefined in local too. But in local it works perfectly.

Any clue on this one ?

Florian

Re: Regex plugin on SeasideHosting ?

Lukas Renggli
Hi,

>    I wanted to test my application on SeasideHosting.
>    But I ended with this pretty error :
>
> # UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #doPrimitive:

the VM used on SeasideHosting is one that is modified for security
reasons. It has a restricted set of plugins installed and does not
support all primitives that could potentially harm our server.

I suggest that you use the package "Vassili's Regex" from SqueakMap.
This is an implementation of RegExp entirely written in Smalltalk and
not relying on external plugins.

Cheers,
Lukas

--