Registering an application

John Toohey
I am using the latest 2.9 build, and am trying to use WAAdmin to
register my application. I am using WAAdmin register: MyRootTask
asApplicationAt: 'MyApp' but I don't see how I also register my
session class for the application.

Does anyone have an full example of registering an application with Seaside.

Thanks.

--
-JT

Re: Registering an application

Lukas Renggli
> I am using the latest 2.9 build, and am trying to use WAAdmin to
> register my application. I am using WAAdmin register: MyRootTask
> asApplicationAt: 'MyApp' but I don't see how I also register my
> session class for the application.
>
> Does anyone have an full example of registering an application with Seaside.

Check out this example:

WAAllTests>>initialize
        (WAAdmin register: self asApplicationAt: 'tests/alltests')
                preferenceAt: #sessionClass put: WAExpirySession

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Registering an application

John Toohey-2
Excellent, many thanks.

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 14:38, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I am using the latest 2.9 build, and am trying to use WAAdmin to
>> register my application. I am using WAAdmin register: MyRootTask
>> asApplicationAt: 'MyApp' but I don't see how I also register my
>> session class for the application.
>>
>> Does anyone have an full example of registering an application with Seaside.
>
> Check out this example:
>
> WAAllTests>>initialize
>        (WAAdmin register: self asApplicationAt: 'tests/alltests')
>                preferenceAt: #sessionClass put: WAExpirySession
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

-JT

Re: Registering an application

John Toohey-2
Silly question, but I overrode the initialize method in my root class,
restarted the image, but the app is not registered. The code works
fine from a workspace window. Is there somewhere else I should add
this code?

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 14:38, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I am using the latest 2.9 build, and am trying to use WAAdmin to
>> register my application. I am using WAAdmin register: MyRootTask
>> asApplicationAt: 'MyApp' but I don't see how I also register my
>> session class for the application.
>>
>> Does anyone have an full example of registering an application with Seaside.
>
> Check out this example:
>
> WAAllTests>>initialize
>        (WAAdmin register: self asApplicationAt: 'tests/alltests')
>                preferenceAt: #sessionClass put: WAExpirySession
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

-JT

Re: Registering an application

Lukas Renggli
Initializers are only evaluated automatically when the code is loaded.
If you create new initializers you need to evaluate them manually.

Lukas

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 8:06 PM, John Toohey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Silly question, but I overrode the initialize method in my root class,
> restarted the image, but the app is not registered. The code works
> fine from a workspace window. Is there somewhere else I should add
> this code?
>

> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 14:38, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I am using the latest 2.9 build, and am trying to use WAAdmin to
>>> register my application. I am using WAAdmin register: MyRootTask
>>> asApplicationAt: 'MyApp' but I don't see how I also register my
>>> session class for the application.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have an full example of registering an application with Seaside.
>>
>> Check out this example:
>>
>> WAAllTests>>initialize
>>        (WAAdmin register: self asApplicationAt: 'tests/alltests')
>>                preferenceAt: #sessionClass put: WAExpirySession
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Lukas
>>
>> --
>> Lukas Renggli