Regular expressions

Bram Neijt
Hi everyone!

I've been wanting to use some regular expressions and have found them
somehow underdocumented or hidden.

I can load the regex package without problem, but then I'm stuck at
that point. There is no Regex class in my image after loading the
Regex class, and the example I could find (examples/regex.st) seems to
be an implementation instead of an example (so it's probably the
example of a pkg).

Now I wouldn't be surprised if there was a special notation for
regular expressions (like /regex/), so I might just be looking in the
wrong direction.

Greetings,
  Bram

Re: Regular expressions

S11001001
Bram Neijt wrote:
> I've been wanting to use some regular expressions and have found them
> somehow underdocumented or hidden.
>
> I can load the regex package without problem, but then I'm stuck at
> that point. There is no Regex class in my image after loading the
> Regex class, and the example I could find (examples/regex.st) seems to
> be an implementation instead of an example (so it's probably the
> example of a pkg).

examples/regex.st is, in fact, the implementation loaded with the
package regex.

At the moment, that source code is the documentation.

--
Stephen Compall
http://scompall.nocandysw.com/blog

Re: Regular expressions

Paolo Bonzini

> examples/regex.st is, in fact, the implementation loaded with the
> package regex.
>
> At the moment, that source code is the documentation.

In 2.3, regex support will be in the default image.

Paolo