Release 3.2.0

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Philippe, Dale, Stephan, Esteban and other contributors,

I propose to release 3.2.0 as it is right now [1].
What do you think? Anything missing?
The new website and reworking Seaside Welcome + Config can be postponed. Though the new website is the next thing on my stack.

At the same time, I want to propose that the github repository becomes the main repository.
I’ve been setting up Grease and Seaside on github with the SmalltalkCI and it’s very nice to have that test coverage on all platforms [2].

It also means we can have a more organised way of contributions via pull requests and feature branches.
Any opinions? Perhaps I should write up a small page on how contributing would work (technically) for those who are not into Smalltalk+Git

cheers
Johan

Re: Release 3.2.0

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 20-03-16 20:03, Johan Brichau wrote:
> Hi Philippe, Dale, Stephan, Esteban and other contributors,
>
> I propose to release 3.2.0 as it is right now [1].
> What do you think? Anything missing?
> The new website and reworking Seaside Welcome + Config can be postponed. Though the new website is the next thing on my stack.
JQuery-UI-pmm.93 ?

Otherwise, looks good to me.
> At the same time, I want to propose that the github repository becomes the main repository.
> I’ve been setting up Grease and Seaside on github with the SmalltalkCI and it’s very nice to have that test coverage on all platforms [2].
>
> It also means we can have a more organised way of contributions via pull requests and feature branches.
> Any opinions? Perhaps I should write up a small page on how contributing would work (technically) for those who are not into Smalltalk+Git
I'm not yet using smalltalk+git, but am open to it (and am using git and
github for lots of other stuff).
A "how-to-contribute" would be useful, indeed.

Stephan

Re: Release 3.2.0

Johan Brichau-2

> On 20 Mar 2016, at 20:42, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 20-03-16 20:03, Johan Brichau wrote:
>> Hi Philippe, Dale, Stephan, Esteban and other contributors,
>>
>> I propose to release 3.2.0 as it is right now [1].
>> What do you think? Anything missing?
>> The new website and reworking Seaside Welcome + Config can be postponed. Though the new website is the next thing on my stack.
> JQuery-UI-pmm.93 ?

Meaning?

> Otherwise, looks good to me.

Did  you change the configuration of the Pharo CI?
I fixed it now, there were errors in the expressions.

>> At the same time, I want to propose that the github repository becomes the main repository.
>> I’ve been setting up Grease and Seaside on github with the SmalltalkCI and it’s very nice to have that test coverage on all platforms [2].
>>
>> It also means we can have a more organised way of contributions via pull requests and feature branches.
>> Any opinions? Perhaps I should write up a small page on how contributing would work (technically) for those who are not into Smalltalk+Git
> I'm not yet using smalltalk+git, but am open to it (and am using git and github for lots of other stuff).
> A "how-to-contribute" would be useful, indeed.

Ok

Johan_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list

Re: Release 3.2.0

Philippe Marschall
On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 8:03 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Philippe, Dale, Stephan, Esteban and other contributors,
>
> I propose to release 3.2.0 as it is right now [1].
> What do you think? Anything missing?
> The new website and reworking Seaside Welcome + Config can be postponed.
> Though the new website is the next thing on my stack.

I agree.

> At the same time, I want to propose that the github repository becomes the
> main repository.
> I’ve been setting up Grease and Seaside on github with the SmalltalkCI and
> it’s very nice to have that test coverage on all platforms [2].
>
> It also means we can have a more organised way of contributions via pull
> requests and feature branches.
> Any opinions? Perhaps I should write up a small page on how contributing
> would work (technically) for those who are not into Smalltalk+Git

I'm familiar with Smalltalk and Git but not the combination. I would
appreciate some documentation on how to get started.

I don't have an opinion on this but since I barely contribute anymore
I support whatever the active contributors prefer.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Release 3.2.0

Philippe Marschall
On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 8:03 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Philippe, Dale, Stephan, Esteban and other contributors,
>
> I propose to release 3.2.0 as it is right now [1].
> What do you think? Anything missing?
> The new website and reworking Seaside Welcome + Config can be postponed.
> Though the new website is the next thing on my stack.
>
> At the same time, I want to propose that the github repository becomes the
> main repository.
> I’ve been setting up Grease and Seaside on github with the SmalltalkCI and
> it’s very nice to have that test coverage on all platforms [2].

Did anything come of this? I'm asking because I want to set up an up
to date development image for ESUG before ESUG.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Release 3.2.0

Johan Brichau-2
3.2.0 is marked released but I did not update the one-click images.
I think I was waiting for Pharo 5 to be released and forgot afterwards.

I’m on holidays right now but I think I can tend to it

cheers
Johan

> On 15 Aug 2016, at 10:32, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 8:03 PM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Philippe, Dale, Stephan, Esteban and other contributors,
>>
>> I propose to release 3.2.0 as it is right now [1].
>> What do you think? Anything missing?
>> The new website and reworking Seaside Welcome + Config can be postponed.
>> Though the new website is the next thing on my stack.
>>
>> At the same time, I want to propose that the github repository becomes the
>> main repository.
>> I’ve been setting up Grease and Seaside on github with the SmalltalkCI and
>> it’s very nice to have that test coverage on all platforms [2].
>
> Did anything come of this? I'm asking because I want to set up an up
> to date development image for ESUG before ESUG.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: Release 3.2.0

Johan Brichau-2
I noticed I did update the page a while ago: https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/wiki/Contributing
Maybe you should try to go ahead and work with git and see where it needs more explaining?

I created a develop branch on the github repo and copied in all latest changes from smalltalkhub.
The script I use for that is on ConfigurationOfSeaside3>>copyMczFromSmalltalkhubToFileTree:

In the future, metadata-less filetree would be a good idea but I have not tried it yet.

too bad I cannot be there :(