Release 4.4?

Colin Putney-3
Is there a 4.4 image available anywhere? Oughtn't we make it available for download on ftp.squeak.org?

Colin

Re: Release 4.4?

Hannes Hirzel
It is right there since the end of last year

http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/

Version http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/Squeak4.4-12327.zip is the release version

--Hannes

On 2/3/13, Colin Putney <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there a 4.4 image available anywhere? Oughtn't we make it available for
> download on ftp.squeak.org?
>
> Colin

Re: Release 4.4?

Colin Putney-3

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 8:57 AM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
It is right there since the end of last year

http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/

Version http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/Squeak4.4-12327.zip is the release version

Ah, excellent. We should update the current_stable symlink, then.

Colin

Re: Release 4.4?

Frank Shearar-3
On 3 February 2013 18:19, Colin Putney <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 8:57 AM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> It is right there since the end of last year
>>
>> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/
>>
>> Version http://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/Squeak4.4-12327.zip is the release
>> version
>

> Ah, excellent. We should update the current_stable symlink, then.

Hm, first I've heard of that. Where is it?

frank

> Colin

Re: Release 4.4?

Colin Putney-3

On 4 February 2013 00:52, Colin Putney <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

>> Hm, first I've heard of that. Where is it?
>>

> http://ftp.squeak.org/current_stable/

OK, I've flagged it as an issue with box-admins, and added an entry to
the release process at http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6189

frank

Re: Release 4.4?

Ken Causey-3
On 02/04/2013 02:21 AM, Frank Shearar wrote:

> On 4 February 2013 00:52, Colin Putney<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>

>> On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Frank Shearar<[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Hm, first I've heard of that. Where is it?
>>>

>> http://ftp.squeak.org/current_stable/
>
> OK, I've flagged it as an issue with box-admins, and added an entry to
> the release process at http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6189
>
> frank

OK, the summation here is that only root or the owner of the directory
(website is going to be able to 'update' a symbolic link within said
directory.  This is not something I had previously fully appreciated and
so my setting the owner of these links to updates does not help users
who can access the updates account despite the appearances, sorry about
that.

Basically there is no way to modify an existing symbolic link, to change
it you have to remove and recreate it.  So if you don't have write
access to the directory, even if you  have write access to the link, you
are out of luck.

I fixed the current_development and current_stable links.  I also went
ahead and created a 4.5alpha directory.

Ken

Re: Release 4.4?

Tony Garnock-Jones-3
On 02/04/2013 02:07 PM, Ken Causey wrote:
> Basically there is no way to modify an existing symbolic link, to change
> it you have to remove and recreate it.  So if you don't have write
> access to the directory, even if you  have write access to the link, you
> are out of luck.

You can link to a symlink. Which makes a kind of twisted form of
attenuated capability.

Tony