Release: Conveniently browse, deactivate and reactivate halts and breakpoints with the HaltManager

Release: Conveniently browse, deactivate and reactivate halts and breakpoints with the HaltManager

Thomas Dupriez
Hello,

I have developed a package to assist developers managing their halts and
breakpoints: HaltManager.

HaltManager provides a window showing all the breakpoints and halt
messages of the system, and allows one to toggle them on/off with a
simple click. Halt messages can also be toggled via source code
rewriting. The deactivation/reactivation feature is available in all
code browsers, not only in the HaltManager window.

It is available here, with installation instructions and pictures:
https://github.com/dupriezt/HaltManager

Feedback welcome.

Cheers,
Thomas Dupriez

Re: Release: Conveniently browse, deactivate and reactivate halts and breakpoints with the HaltManager

Guillermo Polito
Ah this is cool I'm downloading it :)

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189

French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Web: http://guillep.github.io

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: Release: Conveniently browse, deactivate and reactivate halts and breakpoints with the HaltManager

Juraj Kubelka
Hi Thomas,

nice project.

Maybe “deactivate by metalink/rewriting” is too technical?

Cheers,
Juraj

> On Dec 6, 2017, at 07:03, Thomas Dupriez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have developed a package to assist developers managing their halts and breakpoints: HaltManager.
>
> HaltManager provides a window showing all the breakpoints and halt messages of the system, and allows one to toggle them on/off with a simple click. Halt messages can also be toggled via source code rewriting. The deactivation/reactivation feature is available in all code browsers, not only in the HaltManager window.
>
> It is available here, with installation instructions and pictures: https://github.com/dupriezt/HaltManager
>
> Feedback welcome.
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas Dupriez

Re: Release: Conveniently browse, deactivate and reactivate halts and breakpoints with the HaltManager

Thomas Dupriez
Thanks. :)

I think "rewriting" has to be there to indicate it changes the source
code and recompiles the method, which you may not want.

I agree that users don't necessarily need to now that the other
deactivation option is done with metalinks.

I could replace "deactivate by metalink" with just "deactivate" to make
it less technical and keep the "deactivate by rewriting" as is.

Cheers,
Thomas

Le 06/12/2017 à 13:06, Juraj Kubelka a écrit :

> Hi Thomas,
>
> nice project.
>
> Maybe “deactivate by metalink/rewriting” is too technical?
>
> Cheers,
> Juraj
>
>> On Dec 6, 2017, at 07:03, Thomas Dupriez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have developed a package to assist developers managing their halts and breakpoints: HaltManager.
>>
>> HaltManager provides a window showing all the breakpoints and halt messages of the system, and allows one to toggle them on/off with a simple click. Halt messages can also be toggled via source code rewriting. The deactivation/reactivation feature is available in all code browsers, not only in the HaltManager window.
>>
>> It is available here, with installation instructions and pictures: https://github.com/dupriezt/HaltManager
>>
>> Feedback welcome.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Thomas Dupriez

Re: Release: Conveniently browse, deactivate and reactivate halts and breakpoints with the HaltManager

Stephane Ducasse-3
Thanks Thomas and you put screenshots so this is cool.
I have a simple question
if there is only a self halt in the code why you propose to change metalinks?
Stef

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have developed a package to assist developers managing their halts and
> breakpoints: HaltManager.
>
> HaltManager provides a window showing all the breakpoints and halt messages
> of the system, and allows one to toggle them on/off with a simple click.
> Halt messages can also be toggled via source code rewriting. The
> deactivation/reactivation feature is available in all code browsers, not
> only in the HaltManager window.
>
> It is available here, with installation instructions and pictures:
> https://github.com/dupriezt/HaltManager
>
> Feedback welcome.
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas Dupriez

Re: Release: Conveniently browse, deactivate and reactivate halts and breakpoints with the HaltManager

Stephane Ducasse-3
This is cool that you can scope using calypso. I have to try it!

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have developed a package to assist developers managing their halts and
> breakpoints: HaltManager.
>
> HaltManager provides a window showing all the breakpoints and halt messages
> of the system, and allows one to toggle them on/off with a simple click.
> Halt messages can also be toggled via source code rewriting. The
> deactivation/reactivation feature is available in all code browsers, not
> only in the HaltManager window.
>
> It is available here, with installation instructions and pictures:
> https://github.com/dupriezt/HaltManager
>
> Feedback welcome.
>
> Cheers,
> Thomas Dupriez

Re: Release: Conveniently browse, deactivate and reactivate halts and breakpoints with the HaltManager

Thomas Dupriez
HaltManager proposes the deactivation by metalink even on self halt
because you may want to deactivate the halt without changing the source
code and completely recompiling the method.

Thomas

Le 07/12/2017 à 21:00, Stephane Ducasse a écrit :

> Thanks Thomas and you put screenshots so this is cool.
> I have a simple question
> if there is only a self halt in the code why you propose to change metalinks?
> Stef
>
> On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 11:03 AM, Thomas Dupriez
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have developed a package to assist developers managing their halts and
>> breakpoints: HaltManager.
>>
>> HaltManager provides a window showing all the breakpoints and halt messages
>> of the system, and allows one to toggle them on/off with a simple click.
>> Halt messages can also be toggled via source code rewriting. The
>> deactivation/reactivation feature is available in all code browsers, not
>> only in the HaltManager window.
>>
>> It is available here, with installation instructions and pictures:
>> https://github.com/dupriezt/HaltManager
>>
>> Feedback welcome.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Thomas Dupriez

Re: Release: Conveniently browse, deactivate and reactivate halts and breakpoints with the HaltManager

Stephane Ducasse-3
Ok I see quite sophisticated. I did not have the time to check. Did
you explain this in the class comments?
Tx thomas.