Release deferred to next Tuesday :(

EstebanLM
Hi list,

yes, this release is being a pain.
anyway, yesterday after asking for testI found two blocking issues and one “nice to have” and I needed to work on them.
Blocking issues were:

1) Athens (with Fonts ) was not working on 64bits and because of that, Roassal was not either.
2) There is a problem in VM packaging which packages as files what should be symlinks.\

The nice to have:

It seems there are english problems in the welcome browser (and in the STAGE pages). It would be nice if some native speaker takes a look :)

I already fixed (1) and I’m working on (2), but the release is deferred to Tuesday because: a) we want to test. b) you never release on friday c) monday is holiday here :)

So well, that.

I’m sorry.

Esteban

Re: Release deferred to next Tuesday :(

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Thanks for the update Esteban.

There is also the issue of typing on macOS Sierra:
https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/issues/141

It is really annoying (at least for me), but I think we can treat this one as something that can be dealt with later and once it’s fixed we change the 6.0 VM. What do you think?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Some battles are better lost than fought."

Re: Release deferred to next Tuesday :(

EstebanLM

> On 1 Jun 2017, at 16:15, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the update Esteban.
>
> There is also the issue of typing on macOS Sierra:
> https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/issues/141
>
> It is really annoying (at least for me), but I think we can treat this one as something that can be dealt with later and once it’s fixed we change the 6.0 VM. What do you think?

this is not a pharo bug in general so it should not stop the release.
I will promote a new vm to stable if things are ok, and that one will have a -possible- fix (but no idea, we will need to test).

cheers,
Esteban

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

>> On Jun 1, 2017, at 3:27 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> yes, this release is being a pain.
>> anyway, yesterday after asking for testI found two blocking issues and one “nice to have” and I needed to work on them.
>> Blocking issues were:
>>
>> 1) Athens (with Fonts ) was not working on 64bits and because of that, Roassal was not either.
>> 2) There is a problem in VM packaging which packages as files what should be symlinks.\
>>
>> The nice to have:
>>
>> It seems there are english problems in the welcome browser (and in the STAGE pages). It would be nice if some native speaker takes a look :)
>>
>> I already fixed (1) and I’m working on (2), but the release is deferred to Tuesday because: a) we want to test. b) you never release on friday c) monday is holiday here :)
>>
>> So well, that.
>>
>> I’m sorry.
>>
>> Esteban
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Some battles are better lost than fought."

Re: Release deferred to next Tuesday :(

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

> On Jun 1, 2017, at 4:19 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 1 Jun 2017, at 16:15, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for the update Esteban.
>>
>> There is also the issue of typing on macOS Sierra:
>> https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/issues/141
>>
>> It is really annoying (at least for me), but I think we can treat this one as something that can be dealt with later and once it’s fixed we change the 6.0 VM. What do you think?
>
> this is not a pharo bug in general so it should not stop the release.
> I will promote a new vm to stable if things are ok, and that one will have a -possible- fix (but no idea, we will need to test).

That’s what I said as well :)

Doru

> cheers,
> Esteban
>

>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>>> On Jun 1, 2017, at 3:27 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi list,
>>>
>>> yes, this release is being a pain.
>>> anyway, yesterday after asking for testI found two blocking issues and one “nice to have” and I needed to work on them.
>>> Blocking issues were:
>>>
>>> 1) Athens (with Fonts ) was not working on 64bits and because of that, Roassal was not either.
>>> 2) There is a problem in VM packaging which packages as files what should be symlinks.\
>>>
>>> The nice to have:
>>>
>>> It seems there are english problems in the welcome browser (and in the STAGE pages). It would be nice if some native speaker takes a look :)
>>>
>>> I already fixed (1) and I’m working on (2), but the release is deferred to Tuesday because: a) we want to test. b) you never release on friday c) monday is holiday here :)
>>>
>>> So well, that.
>>>
>>> I’m sorry.
>>>
>>> Esteban
>>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>> www.feenk.com
>>
>> "Some battles are better lost than fought."

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

Re: Release deferred to next Tuesday :(

Ben Coman

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 9:27 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi list,

yes, this release is being a pain.
anyway, yesterday after asking for testI found two blocking issues and one “nice to have” and I needed to work on them.
Blocking issues were:

1) Athens (with Fonts ) was not working on 64bits and because of that, Roassal was not either.
2) There is a problem in VM packaging which packages as files what should be symlinks.\

The nice to have:

It seems there are english problems in the welcome browser (and in the STAGE pages). It would be nice if some native speaker takes a look :)

I'll do this tomorrow.
cheers -ben