Release management

DiegoLont
Hi all,

Stephan and I have been working on the release management, as this was giving trouble. I did not receive very much feed back, so either most of you all agreed to my proposal, or you did not care. I will assume the first.

I have added to Grease several symbolic version: release1, release1.0 and release1.1. The idea is that for all released versions there is a version that skips the last index and is the version with the highest version number that belongs to that.

Since there is a version “1.1.7” that is currently stable, this means there is a release 1.1 and 1. Also I made from the stable version “1.0.11”  release 1.0

Following this logic in Seaside, Magritte and Pier, I have updated all versions, creating a release 3.0 and release 3.1. For Pier this is not 100% correct, as 3.1 isn’t a release yet. So maybe I should have sticked to development here …  for this
        - I have added a new stable version (as release version should not be changed)
        - In this release version I reference the release versions of the used projects. This should allow patches to be easily adopted, as there will be included in the release, and will prevent breaking on an major upgrade with deprecations and such.

For now this results in a green build for Pier again.

Cheers,
Diego

Re: Release management

Damien Cassou
On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Stephan and I have been working on the release management, as this was giving trouble. I did not receive very much feed back, so either most of you all agreed to my proposal, or you did not care. I will assume the first.

thank you very much

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: [Seaside-dev] Release management

Philippe Marschall
On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Stephan and I have been working on the release management, as this was giving trouble. I did not receive very much feed back, so either most of you all agreed to my proposal, or you did not care. I will assume the first.

Thank you. I know how boring this is.

Cheers
Philippe