Release of Roassal

abergel
Dear Pharoer,

We are very happy to announce the release of Roassal, an agile visualization engine.

Roassal graphically renders objects using short and expressive Smalltalk expressions. A large set of interactions are offered for a better user experience. Painting, brushing, interconnecting, zooming, drag and dropping will just make you more intimate with any arbitrary object model.

Roassal is distributed under the MIT license and run on VisualWorks (7.4, 7.7.1, 7.9), Pharo (1.3, 1.4, 2.0) and ObjectStudio. Roassal is freely distributed, you are therefore free to use it, even in a commercial setting. We will however be glad to hear about your experience. Just send us an email if you are adopting Roassal.

Kai and Hapao, the two other products of Object Profile, are using Roassal for their rendering.

We will be extremely attentive to your experience. It is important for us that you are happy and feel comfortable with Roassal.

The Object Profile crew
(Twitter: @ObjectProfile , web: http://objectprofile.com)

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Release of Roassal

Damien Cassou
Hi Alexandre,

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Alexandre Bergel
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Roassal graphically renders objects using short and expressive Smalltalk
> expressions. A large set of interactions are offered for a better user
> experience. Painting, brushing, interconnecting, zooming, drag and dropping
> will just make you more intimate with any arbitrary object model.
>
> Screenshot available
> on http://objectprofile.com/pier/Products/Roassal/Screenshots

I don't understand the differences with Mondrian and the screenshots
don't help me (probably because they are too small).

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Release of Roassal

Stéphane Ducasse
an important one. you can use roassal without been forced to use a dsl.
Then you have a much better way to handle interaction and also the camera (zoom)

Stef

On May 17, 2012, at 2:47 PM, Damien Cassou wrote:

> Hi Alexandre,
>
> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Alexandre Bergel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Roassal graphically renders objects using short and expressive Smalltalk
>> expressions. A large set of interactions are offered for a better user
>> experience. Painting, brushing, interconnecting, zooming, drag and dropping
>> will just make you more intimate with any arbitrary object model.
>>
>> Screenshot available
>> on http://objectprofile.com/pier/Products/Roassal/Screenshots
>
> I don't understand the differences with Mondrian and the screenshots
> don't help me (probably because they are too small).
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Release of Roassal

abergel
In addition to what Stef said, Roassal supports interaction much better than Mondrian.

Alexandre

On May 17, 2012, at 8:47 AM, Damien Cassou wrote:

> Hi Alexandre,
>
> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Alexandre Bergel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Roassal graphically renders objects using short and expressive Smalltalk
>> expressions. A large set of interactions are offered for a better user
>> experience. Painting, brushing, interconnecting, zooming, drag and dropping
>> will just make you more intimate with any arbitrary object model.
>>
>> Screenshot available
>> on http://objectprofile.com/pier/Products/Roassal/Screenshots
>
> I don't understand the differences with Mondrian and the screenshots
> don't help me (probably because they are too small).
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Release of Roassal

Tudor Girba-2

Just a note: Mondrian does not force anyone to use a DSL :). Most people just chose to use it because the API was better. It's not that much different in Roassal, but that is not an important topic :).

Doru

On 17 May 2012, at 21:54, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> an important one. you can use roassal without been forced to use a dsl.
> Then you have a much better way to handle interaction and also the camera (zoom)
>
> Stef
>

> On May 17, 2012, at 2:47 PM, Damien Cassou wrote:
>
>> Hi Alexandre,
>>
>> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Alexandre Bergel
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Roassal graphically renders objects using short and expressive Smalltalk
>>> expressions. A large set of interactions are offered for a better user
>>> experience. Painting, brushing, interconnecting, zooming, drag and dropping
>>> will just make you more intimate with any arbitrary object model.
>>>
>>> Screenshot available
>>> on http://objectprofile.com/pier/Products/Roassal/Screenshots
>>
>> I don't understand the differences with Mondrian and the screenshots
>> don't help me (probably because they are too small).
>>
>> --
>> Damien Cassou
>> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>>
>> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
>> popular by not having them." James Iry

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."