Releasing all MASession processes

Damion Mitchell
I am new to Magma, however I am working on this webapp; where one image runs the Magma Server and the other the seaside app. Now I am having a problem where is a close the server "dirty" and try to open it and start again it is still telling me that the file is in use. Now how do I ensure that I kill all processes and release the database.

Now when I open the Image now it is giving me this error: MessageNotUnderstood: receiver of secondaryLocationDo: isnil.

What I am doing incorrectly here?

I call this release method
    Default ifNil: [Default session disconnectAndClose. Default := nil]

Any suggestions as to how to prevent this problem.... Or maybe the best way to approach this!

--
Damion Mitchell

Re: Releasing all MASession processes

Chris Muller-3
Hi Damion,

> Now I am having a problem
> where is a close the server "dirty" and try to open it and start again it is
> still telling me that the file is in use.

I'm not sure I understand..

> Now how do I ensure that I kill
> all processes and release the database.

You might try :

  MagmaRepositoryController initialize.
  MagmaSession initialize

Otherwise, close the server image without saving and restart it..

> Now when I open the Image now it is giving me this error:
> MessageNotUnderstood: receiver of secondaryLocationDo: isnil.
> What I am doing incorrectly here?

Not sure..  Did your db move to a different location?

> I call this release method
>     Default ifNil: [Default session disconnectAndClose. Default := nil]
> Any suggestions as to how to prevent this problem.... Or maybe the best way
> to approach this!

If you are using the server in a separate image, do not use
#disconnectAndClose, just #disconnect.