Reliable environment and documentation

1 message Options

Reliable environment and documentation

Davide Varvello
In my opinion Pharo is a great step in the Smalltalk world, to improve its business-side I guess the community should be focus to remove existing bugs and make Pharo reliable.
We already know what is wrong and what is right because we can see recurring questions/issues on http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html and on http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html (Seaside is an asset to me).

My suggestion is that Pharo should be a stable environment (I guess it's the idea of prof. Stéphane Ducasse) and moreover there should be a centralised site where to find the needed documentation (sort of Linode's library https://library.linode.com, i.e. something well structured).

I'm aware it's difficult and I think there should be dedicated (paid) people that take care of Pharo's code and documentation, with the contribution of the community of course.

Opinions?

Cheers
 Davide