Remedial MSI training

Bill Schwab-2
Andy,

I noticed that I had a fairly old D4 VM on a machine that's been giving me
some unusual grief, and thought it would be a good idea to update it.  Then
I realized that I really should download and install the latest copy of
Dolphin to get the latest VM.  After running the installer, my VM version
appears not to have changed.  Is it me, or the Windows installer?  If it's
me, any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Remedial MSI training

Bill Schwab-2
Andy,

> I noticed that I had a fairly old D4 VM on a machine that's been giving me
> some unusual grief, and thought it would be a good idea to update it.
Then
> I realized that I really should download and install the latest copy of
> Dolphin to get the latest VM.  After running the installer, my VM version
> appears not to have changed.  Is it me, or the Windows installer?  If it's
> me, any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Uninstalling and then installing Dolphin seemed to work.  Is that the right
way to do it?

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Remedial MSI training

Davorin Rusevljan-2
"Bill Schwab" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:9hbe71$d9j0l$[hidden email]...
> Andy,
>
> > I noticed that I had a fairly old D4 VM on a machine that's been giving
me
> > some unusual grief, and thought it would be a good idea to update it.
> Then
> > I realized that I really should download and install the latest copy of
> > Dolphin to get the latest VM.  After running the installer, my VM
version
> > appears not to have changed.  Is it me, or the Windows installer?  If
it's
> > me, any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
>
> Uninstalling and then installing Dolphin seemed to work.  Is that the
right
> way to do it?

Hmm.. I did not have time to fire-up the Orca, but from what you are saying
it seems as component code for the VM has remained the same in the two MSI
files, and that caused a grief.

Davorin Rusevljan