Reminder: change the archiving tool

Igor Stasenko
All .zip files with pharo images having an annoying Apple-ism - a
.DS_Store garbage file.
Please use a zip archiver which includes only relevant files to
archive, because obviously this garbage has no use anywhere but Macs.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Reminder: change the archiving tool

Marcus Denker-4

On Jan 21, 2011, at 2:00 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> All .zip files with pharo images having an annoying Apple-ism - a
> .DS_Store garbage file.
> Please use a zip archiver which includes only relevant files to
> archive, because obviously this garbage has no use anywhere but Macs.

Ok, will do.

(we need to automatize it anyway)

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: Reminder: change the archiving tool

Tudor Girba
The latest builder code is able to produce a one-click distribution.

Cheers,
Doru

On 21 Jan 2011, at 14:41, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On Jan 21, 2011, at 2:00 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>
>> All .zip files with pharo images having an annoying Apple-ism - a
>> .DS_Store garbage file.
>> Please use a zip archiver which includes only relevant files to
>> archive, because obviously this garbage has no use anywhere but Macs.
>>
> Ok, will do.
>
> (we need to automatize it anyway)
>

> --
> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de

www.tudorgirba.com

"The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

Re: Reminder: change the archiving tool

Miguel Cobá
El vie, 21-01-2011 a las 13:59 +0100, Igor Stasenko escribió:
> All .zip files with pharo images having an annoying Apple-ism - a
> .DS_Store garbage file.
> Please use a zip archiver which includes only relevant files to
> archive, because obviously this garbage has no use anywhere but Macs.

+1

--
Miguel Cobá
http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz

Re: Reminder: change the archiving tool

Mariano Martinez Peck
Yes, when I build the dev images, I use the YemuZip that Marcus recommended. It can zip it without all that crap.
Not sure if it is the best way if you want to automatize this with scrips.

cheers

mariano