Remote debugger: do i need identical images ?

Remote debugger: do i need identical images ?

Steven Costiou-2

Hi,

when using the Pharo remote debugger, we have a server side (the remote application) and a client side (the local computer used to debug).

Apart from the remote debugger itself, do both images need to have exactly the same code - especially the application itself - or could they be different ?

More specifically, to debug a program, do i need a local "clone" image dedicated to debug the remote image ?

Steven.

Re: Remote debugger: do i need identical images ?

Denis Kudriashov
Hi.

when using the Pharo remote debugger, we have a server side (the remote application) and a client side (the local computer used to debug).

Apart from the remote debugger itself, do both images need to have exactly the same code - especially the application itself - or could they be different ?

More specifically, to debug a program, do i need a local "clone" image dedicated to debug the remote image ?

No. Client development image not needs any code of your remote application.

Only requirement is same version of PharmIDE related projects on both images.