Remote debugger: do i need identical images ?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Remote debugger: do i need identical images ?

Steven Costiou-2

Hi,

when using the Pharo remote debugger, we have a server side (the remote application) and a client side (the local computer used to debug).

Apart from the remote debugger itself, do both images need to have exactly the same code - especially the application itself - or could they be different ?

More specifically, to debug a program, do i need a local "clone" image dedicated to debug the remote image ?

Steven.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Remote debugger: do i need identical images ?

Denis Kudriashov
Hi.

2017-06-12 16:03 GMT+02:00 Steven Costiou <[hidden email]>:

Hi,

when using the Pharo remote debugger, we have a server side (the remote application) and a client side (the local computer used to debug).

Apart from the remote debugger itself, do both images need to have exactly the same code - especially the application itself - or could they be different ?

More specifically, to debug a program, do i need a local "clone" image dedicated to debug the remote image ?

No. Client development image not needs any code of your remote application.

Only requirement is same version of PharmIDE related projects on both images.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Remote debugger: do i need identical images ?

Steven Costiou-2

Le 2017-06-12 16:27, Denis Kudriashov a écrit :

Hi.

2017-06-12 16:03 GMT+02:00 Steven Costiou <[hidden email]>:

Hi,

No. Client development image not needs any code of your remote application.

Only requirement is same version of PharmIDE related projects on both images.