Remove ParagraphEditor

Guillermo Polito
Hi!

I've prepared a changeset where there are the following changes

- replace ParagraphEditor by SmalltalkEditor
- replace TextMorphEditor by SmalltalkEditor or TextEditor where it corresponds(or I suppose so)
- some changes in SmalltalkEditor and some classes like Workspace, Inspector, ObjectExplorer... following the current versions of them in CUIS
- lazy inicialization of keybindings in SmalltalkEditor and TextEditor
- removal of ParagraphEditor and TextEditor

I'm a little scared to submit this change to the inbox because I would like more people to try it...

To install it you have to close every window, open the File browser, install the changeset and close the filebrowser, because if not there may remain references to AnObsoleteParagraphEditor.

Cheers!

ParagraphEditorRemoval.1.cs (69K) Download Attachment

Re: Remove ParagraphEditor

Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza
sounds great!

regards,
Francisco

2010/8/11 Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]>:

> Hi!
>
> I've prepared a changeset where there are the following changes
>
> - replace ParagraphEditor by SmalltalkEditor
> - replace TextMorphEditor by SmalltalkEditor or TextEditor where it
> corresponds(or I suppose so)
> - some changes in SmalltalkEditor and some classes like Workspace,
> Inspector, ObjectExplorer... following the current versions of them in CUIS
> - lazy inicialization of keybindings in SmalltalkEditor and TextEditor
> - removal of ParagraphEditor and TextEditor
>
> I'm a little scared to submit this change to the inbox because I would like
> more people to try it...
>
> To install it you have to close every window, open the File browser, install
> the changeset and close the filebrowser, because if not there may remain
> references to AnObsoleteParagraphEditor.
>
> Cheers!

Re: Remove ParagraphEditor

Good initiative!
May be we should chop them into pieces :)

Did you attach them to the bug entry?
I will have a look at them.

Fernando do you have a bit of time to have a look at that too?

Stef

On Aug 11, 2010, at 8:07 PM, Guillermo Polito wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've prepared a changeset where there are the following changes
>
> - replace ParagraphEditor by SmalltalkEditor
> - replace TextMorphEditor by SmalltalkEditor or TextEditor where it corresponds(or I suppose so)
> - some changes in SmalltalkEditor and some classes like Workspace, Inspector, ObjectExplorer... following the current versions of them in CUIS
> - lazy inicialization of keybindings in SmalltalkEditor and TextEditor
> - removal of ParagraphEditor and TextEditor
>
> I'm a little scared to submit this change to the inbox because I would like more people to try it...
>
> To install it you have to close every window, open the File browser, install the changeset and close the filebrowser, because if not there may remain references to AnObsoleteParagraphEditor.
>
> Cheers!
> <ParagraphEditorRemoval.1.cs>_______________________________________________
> Pharo-project mailing list

Re: Remove ParagraphEditor

Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza
Guille,

over which version should i install it? I tried Pharo 1.1 without no luck..

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 7:08 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good initiative!
> May be we should chop them into pieces :)
>
> Did you attach them to the bug entry?
> I will have a look at them.
>
> Fernando do you have a bit of time to have a look at that too?
>
> Stef
>
> On Aug 11, 2010, at 8:07 PM, Guillermo Polito wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I've prepared a changeset where there are the following changes
>>
>> - replace ParagraphEditor by SmalltalkEditor
>> - replace TextMorphEditor by SmalltalkEditor or TextEditor where it corresponds(or I suppose so)
>> - some changes in SmalltalkEditor and some classes like Workspace, Inspector, ObjectExplorer... following the current versions of them in CUIS
>> - lazy inicialization of keybindings in SmalltalkEditor and TextEditor
>> - removal of ParagraphEditor and TextEditor
>>
>> I'm a little scared to submit this change to the inbox because I would like more people to try it...
>>
>> To install it you have to close every window, open the File browser, install the changeset and close the filebrowser, because if not there may remain references to AnObsoleteParagraphEditor.
>>
>> Cheers!
>> <ParagraphEditorRemoval.1.cs>_______________________________________________
>> Pharo-project mailing list
>> [hidden email]

Re: Remove ParagraphEditor

Guillermo Polito
I did it in 1.2

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Good initiative!
> May be we should chop them into pieces :)
>
> Did you attach them to the bug entry?
> I will have a look at them.
>
> Fernando do you have a bit of time to have a look at that too?
>
> Stef
>
> On Aug 11, 2010, at 8:07 PM, Guillermo Polito wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I've prepared a changeset where there are the following changes
>>
>> - replace ParagraphEditor by SmalltalkEditor
>> - replace TextMorphEditor by SmalltalkEditor or TextEditor where it corresponds(or I suppose so)
>> - some changes in SmalltalkEditor and some classes like Workspace, Inspector, ObjectExplorer... following the current versions of them in CUIS
>> - lazy inicialization of keybindings in SmalltalkEditor and TextEditor
>> - removal of ParagraphEditor and TextEditor
>>
>> I'm a little scared to submit this change to the inbox because I would like more people to try it...
>>
>> To install it you have to close every window, open the File browser, install the changeset and close the filebrowser, because if not there may remain references to AnObsoleteParagraphEditor.
>>
>> Cheers!
>> <ParagraphEditorRemoval.1.cs>_______________________________________________
>> Pharo-project mailing list
>> [hidden email]

Re: Remove ParagraphEditor

Guillermo Polito

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 7:08 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good initiative!
May be we should chop them into pieces :)

We can do it, but it's very important the order in which you install them in order to don't break the image :D.

Did you attach them to the bug entry?
I will have a look at them.

Yesterday I submitted it to the inbox :P.