Remove a method from a category

Fernando Rodríguez
Hi,

How do I remove a method from a category? O:-) Just dragging it to the
correct category doesn't work as it copies it instead of moving it to
the right cotegory...

Thanks

Re: Remove a method from a category

Esteban A. Maringolo-3
Fernando escribió:
> Hi,
>
> How do I remove a method from a category? O:-) Just dragging it to the
> correct category doesn't work as it copies it instead of moving it to
> the right cotegory...
>
> Thanks

Drag the method to the category to be removed from, while holding
down the Alt key.

Best regards.

--
Esteban.

Re: Remove a method from a category

Andy Bower-3
Fernando wrote:

> How do I remove a method from a category? O:-) Just dragging it to the
> correct category doesn't work as it copies it instead of moving it to
> the right cotegory...

Alt-Drag will remove it from the category dropped over. Shift-Drag will
move it to the category dropped over (removing it from any others).

http://www.object-arts.com/Lib/EducationCentre4/htm/categorizingamethod.
htm

Best regards,

--
Andy Bower
Dolphin Support

Re: Remove a method from a category

Christopher J. Demers
"Fernando" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> How do I remove a method from a category? O:-) Just dragging it to the
> correct category doesn't work as it copies it instead of moving it to
> the right cotegory...

You can right click on the method and use the context menu item "Remove
Category".  It is also in the "Method" menu.

Chris

Christopher J. Demers wrote:
> "Fernando" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
> >
> > How do I remove a method from a category? O:-) Just dragging it to the
> > correct category doesn't work as it copies it instead of moving it to
> > the right cotegory...
>
> You can right click on the method and use the context menu item "Remove
> Category".

Hmm... I feared that 'Remove Category' would remove the whole category
and not remove the method FROM the category.  Maybe this should be
rephrased.