Remove /seaside/go/ from URL

Sylvain pralon
Hi,

I am deploying a seaside application behind an Apache server and all
goes fine except for one thing.
With proxy and virtualHost I manage inside Apache to hide seaside behind
Apache but I still have the /seaside/go/myApp?_... in my URL.
Is there a way to remove it ? I don't think I have to set up that in
Apache, so how can I do that in Seaside or VisualWave.
In fact instead of :
http://myservername:9000/seaside/go/MyApp?_...
I want :
http://myservername/MyApp?_...

for now I get :
http://myservername/seaside/go/MyApp?_...

Thanks for help.

I am running the last version of Seaside on VisualWorks.

Sylvain

Re: Remove /seaside/go/ from URL

Chris Cunnington-5
Hi Sylvain,

I don't imagine I've got the last word on this, so if somebody corrects me,
that would be great. I'll list a few criteria on the topic.

I think there are three areas you need to look at: the httpd.conf file; the
config page for the entire image, and the config page for myApp.

1. httpd.conf
2. config for the image
3. config for myApp

1. In httpd.conf I have:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName www.myservername.com
    ProxyPass /   http://www.myservername.com:8080/seaside/
    ProxyPassReverse /   http://www.myservername.com:8080/seaside/
</VirtualHost>

2. In the config for the image I've gone to the Default Entry Point menu and
chosen the name of myApp. I save that.

3. In the config page of the myApp, fill the Server Hostname field with the
address, which is myservername.com. Save that.

To answer your question more specifically: I think you need to look at areas
1 and 2 above. I think you need to tell Apache that "/" connects to
"/seaside/". And then when you choose the Default Entry Point for your app,
then it should connect to myservername.com/seaside/myApp, while only
appearing in the address window as myservername.com/myApp.

That may not be the best answer, but I hope if gives you some useful
criteria for a new way of looking at the problem.

Chris

Re: Remove /seaside/go/ from URL

Michel Bany
Hi Sylvain,

Try loading a parcel named SeasideShortPath,
located in contributed/Seaside/BonusPack.

That should help.
HTH
Michel.

On Oct 24, 2007, at 6:04 PM, Sylvain Pralon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am deploying a seaside application behind an Apache server and
> all goes fine except for one thing.
> With proxy and virtualHost I manage inside Apache to hide seaside
> behind Apache but I still have the /seaside/go/myApp?_... in my URL.
> Is there a way to remove it ? I don't think I have to set up that
> in Apache, so how can I do that in Seaside or VisualWave.
> In fact instead of :
> http://myservername:9000/seaside/go/MyApp?_...
> I want :
> http://myservername/MyApp?_...
>
> for now I get :
> http://myservername/seaside/go/MyApp?_...
>
> Thanks for help.
>
> I am running the last version of Seaside on VisualWorks.
>
> Sylvain

Re: Remove /seaside/go/ from URL

Sylvain pralon
I've got an error when I load the parcel named SeasideShortPath.
MEMORY EMERGENCY.
I try from a new image and it is the same.
I use the last version of seaside available on cincom store and visual
works 7.4

thanks

Sylvain

On Oct 25, 2007, at 10:15 AM, Sylvain Pralon wrote:

> I've got an error when I load the parcel named SeasideShortPath.
> MEMORY EMERGENCY.
> I try from a new image and it is the same.
> I use the last version of seaside available on cincom store and
> visual works 7.4

I cannot explain the memory emergency, it probably depends on what
you loaded
and what you did exactly.

I forgot to mention that SeasideShortPath is only working with
Seaside in WebToolkit.
If you are using Swazoo that you would have to configure the Swazoo
site appropriately.

I made the assumption that you were loading Seaside from the shipped
parcels.
Mixing Seaside parcels and Seaside store bundles is not working.
Since you loaded Seaside from the public store, then you will have to
load
SeasideShortPath from the public store as well.

SeasideShortPath(1.1,mbany) should be fine with both
SeasideForWebToolkit(2.8a1.505.0,mbany)
and
SeasideForWebToolkit(2.7b1.23.0,mbany)

HTH