Removing Microdoc from the application

Ganesh Kumar
Hi
We are migrating our application from Visualage Smalltalk V6.0 to Visual Smalltalk V8.6.
While doing analysis, we came to know that our application was using Microdoc runtime Fix app.
It was not used in recent times and our knowledge on this is very limited. We know that this app is used to give flexi fixes. Our application currently uses a fix. We are in plan to remove that from our application in V8.6. How to remove it from our application.

One method is to add the fix into the runtime image. But we are not aware how to find what is that fix and what is to be added in the image to remove the Runtime app.

Can anyone please help in this aspect.

Thanks in advance

Re: Removing Microdoc from the application

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Ganesh Kumar wrote
Hi
We are migrating our application from Visualage Smalltalk V6.0 to Visual Smalltalk V8.6.
While doing analysis, we came to know that our application was using Microdoc runtime Fix app.
It was not used in recent times and our knowledge on this is very limited. We know that this app is used to give flexi fixes. Our application currently uses a fix. We are in plan to remove that from our application in V8.6. How to remove it from our application.

One method is to add the fix into the runtime image. But we are not aware how to find what is that fix and what is to be added in the image to remove the Runtime app.

Can anyone please help in this aspect.

Thanks in advance
Cheers,
Sean