Removing ScreenController [was: Aaah, the pain or ParagraphEditor refactoring ; -)]

Removing ScreenController [was: Aaah, the pain or ParagraphEditor refactoring ; -)]

Rob Rothwell
Ok...could someone please tell the rookie how to ask the PharoInbox admins to remove:

Graphics-RobRothwell.78
Morphic-RobRothwell.275
ST80-RobRothwell.62
System-RobRothwell.230

while I create a proper SLICE?

Is this a Google Code function, or are there specific people I should email?

Sorry,

Rob

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 9:02 AM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Rob Rothwell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'll try to figure it out tonight...is there anything I need to do to "clean
> up" the "incorrect" packages I submitted?

Just asks the PharoInbox admins to remove them.

Re: Removing ScreenController [was: Aaah, the pain or ParagraphEditor refactoring ; -)]

Adrian Lienhard
Asking on the mailing list is the easiest way.

I can delete these versions it a bit later. If you work with the same
image like the one you did your changes and committed the packages
from, MC will not commit again and we don't need to delete these
packages. Basically, what is missing is an empty slice package that
has as dependents the other four packages. If you get stuck, just let
us know.

Thanks for contributing!

Cheers,
Adrian

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Asking on the mailing list is the easiest way.

I can delete these versions it a bit later. If you work with the same
image like the one you did your changes and committed the packages
from, MC will not commit again and we don't need to delete these
packages. Basically, what is missing is an empty slice package that
has as dependents the other four packages. If you get stuck, just let
us know.

Got it.  I seemed to successfully create a SLICE package, but need to earn my paycheck today!  I'll upload and submit the issue tonight!

Thanks for contributing!

No problem.  I'd like to do more, I am just currently best suited towards these types of "menial" tasks!  I would be happy to do things like this within my scope abilities if anyone has need of my help.

Take care,

Rob

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Rob Rothwell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> No problem.  I'd like to do more, I am just currently best suited towards
> these types of "menial" tasks!  I would be happy to do things like this
> within my scope abilities if anyone has need of my help.

Sure, have a look at the issue tagged with TASK:

http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=task

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: Removing ScreenController [was: Aaah, the painor ParagraphEditor refactoring ; -)]

Gary Chambers-4
And let me know what changes... will likely affect Polymorph.

Regards, Gary

wrote:
> No problem. I'd like to do more, I am just currently best suited towards
> these types of "menial" tasks! I would be happy to do things like this
> within my scope abilities if anyone has need of my help.

Sure, have a look at the issue tagged with TASK:

http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=task

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: Removing ScreenController [was: Aaah, the painor ParagraphEditor refactoring ; -)]

Rob Rothwell
Ok, thanks for all the feedback!

On the ScreenController side, the basic use that was left was to turn full screen mode on and off and query the current state to build World Menus and TheWorldMainDockingBar.  There was also something specifically written to deal with Mac plugin calls in the System package:

shouldUsePluginAPI
    "HTTPClient shouldUsePluginAPI"

    self isRunningInBrowser
        ifFalse: [^false].
    self browserSupportsAPI
        ifFalse: [^false].
    "The Mac plugin calls do not work in full screen mode"
    ^((SmalltalkImage current  platformName = 'Mac OS')
        and: [Display isFullScreen]) not

and that was about it...

Take care,

Rob

On Feb 24, 2009, at 16:26 , Damien Cassou wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Rob Rothwell
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> No problem.  I'd like to do more, I am just currently best suited
>> towards
>> these types of "menial" tasks!  I would be happy to do things like
>> this
>> within my scope abilities if anyone has need of my help.
>
> Sure, have a look at the issue tagged with TASK:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=task

...or even better the issues for Milestone 1.0:

http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=milestone%3A1.0

Adrian

Re: Removing ScreenController [was: Aaah, the painor ParagraphEditor refactoring ; -)]

Michael Rueger-6
Gary Chambers wrote:
> And let me know what changes... will likely affect Polymorph.

Most likely nothing.
The ParagraphEditor stuff though touches quite a few things, I'll try to
make a list once I've sorted out the changes.

Michael

Re: Removing ScreenController [was: Aaah, the painor ParagraphEditor refactoring ; -)]

Adrian Lienhard
Related to ParagraphEditor is to add a new keyboard shortcut to
trigger the autocompleter (the one that is in the core and previously
was triggered by control-q, not ECompletion).

This is issue http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=439

I had a quick look yesterday but since it seems to require some
hacking in the existing code and since ParagraphEditor is changing, I
stopped. Probably somebody more knowledgeable of this part of the
system would be faster. Any takers?

Adrian

Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> Related to ParagraphEditor is to add a new keyboard shortcut to
> trigger the autocompleter (the one that is in the core and previously
> was triggered by control-q, not ECompletion).
>
> This is issue http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=439
>
> I had a quick look yesterday but since it seems to require some
> hacking in the existing code and since ParagraphEditor is changing, I
> stopped. Probably somebody more knowledgeable of this part of the
> system would be faster. Any takers?

I'll take a look

Michael