Removing a Method

Richard Eng
Yesterday, I made the leap to Seaside 2.8 (from Damien's Seaside 2.7 dev
image). It was relatively painless. About the only thing I had to do was
replace register-for-backtracking with a new #states method:

states
    ^ Array with: registrationForm with: loginForm

I love what you guys have done with the Squeak page at seaside.st, providing
Ready-made Images and One-Click Experience.

So I got the Ready-made Image, but I've run into a problem:

I am unable to Remove a method. When I click on the menu in the fourth pane
of the system browser, it throws an exception saying:

    Error: My subclass should have overridden #label

Is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Richard

Re: Removing a Method

Philippe Marschall
2007/11/11, Richard Eng <[hidden email]>:
> Yesterday, I made the leap to Seaside 2.8 (from Damien's Seaside 2.7 dev
> image). It was relatively painless. About the only thing I had to do was
> replace register-for-backtracking with a new #states method:
>
> states
>     ^ Array with: registrationForm with: loginForm

If your component has the instance variables registrationForm and
loginForm and the value of these change (e.g different components are
placed there) I think this should be:

states
    ^ Array with: self

Cheers
Philippe

> I love what you guys have done with the Squeak page at seaside.st, providing
> Ready-made Images and One-Click Experience.
>
> So I got the Ready-made Image, but I've run into a problem:
>
> I am unable to Remove a method. When I click on the menu in the fourth pane
> of the system browser, it throws an exception saying:
>
>     Error: My subclass should have overridden #label
>
> Is there a workaround?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

Re: Removing a Method

Philippe Marschall
2007/11/11, Richard Eng <[hidden email]>:

> Yesterday, I made the leap to Seaside 2.8 (from Damien's Seaside 2.7 dev
> image). It was relatively painless. About the only thing I had to do was
> replace register-for-backtracking with a new #states method:
>
> states
>     ^ Array with: registrationForm with: loginForm
>
> I love what you guys have done with the Squeak page at seaside.st, providing
> Ready-made Images and One-Click Experience.
>
> So I got the Ready-made Image, but I've run into a problem:
>
> I am unable to Remove a method. When I click on the menu in the fourth pane
> of the system browser, it throws an exception saying:
>
>     Error: My subclass should have overridden #label

Confirmed:
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6763

Cheers
Phlippe

> Is there a workaround?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

Re: Removing a Method

Lukas Renggli
> Confirmed:
> http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6763

I fixed the reported bugs for the 'Seaside One-Click Experience'
images. Please download the latest version.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli