Removing all applications?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
How do you go about removing all the misc applications that get installed by
default when you load Seaside? I certainly wouldn't want them be available
on deployed versions.

Cheers!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Removing all applications?

Chad Nantais-2
Boris,

You can remove them from /seaside/config.  There's a remove button to
the right of each application's listing on this screen.

Hope this helps,

Chad

On 5/25/06, Boris Popov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How do you go about removing all the misc applications that get installed by
> default when you load Seaside? I certainly wouldn't want them be available
> on deployed versions.
>
> Cheers!
>
> -Boris
>
> --
> +1.604.689.0322
> DeepCove Labs Ltd.
> 4th floor 595 Howe Street
> Vancouver, Canada V6C 2T5
>
> [hidden email]
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>
> This email is intended only for the persons named in the message
> header. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is
> private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please
> notify the sender and delete the entire message including any
> attachments.
>
> Thank you.

RE: Removing all applications?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
I should have been a bit clearer there. What I wanted to do is remove every
app except for ones I need in the deployment script, not via the UI. I
pretty much figured it out already by getting the list of entry points and
deleting ones I don't need from the WADispatch. I hope it's the right way to
go ;)

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

You can remove them from /seaside/config.  There's a remove button to
the right of each application's listing on this screen.

Hope this helps,

Chad

On 5/25/06, Boris Popov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> How do you go about removing all the misc applications that get installed
by

> default when you load Seaside? I certainly wouldn't want them be available
> on deployed versions.
>
> Cheers!
>
> -Boris
>
> --
> +1.604.689.0322
> DeepCove Labs Ltd.
> 4th floor 595 Howe Street
> Vancouver, Canada V6C 2T5
>
> [hidden email]
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>
> This email is intended only for the persons named in the message
> header. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is
> private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please
> notify the sender and delete the entire message including any
> attachments.
>
> Thank you.

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

RE: Removing all applications?

Bany, Michel
Boris,
This is something that we have done for a customer's project.
1) We implement #isDeployed on the class side of the components
to return true for those root components that need to be deployed
2) We execute this in the script that prepares the deployment image.

        WADispatcher default trimForDeployment

Since there is some interest for this, I rolled the code into the
base, 2.6b1-29 (both Squeak and VW).
HTH
Michel.