Removing class extension

Andres Valloud
Hello VWNC,

  How do I remove an unwanted class extension?  I'm using VW 7.2.1nc.
  I couldn't find the menu option for it.  Is there one?

--
Best regards,
 Andres                          mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Removing class extension

Runar Jordahl
A "class extension" is the set of methods that are defined in another
"package" than the class itself. In the system browser with the
"Hierarchy" tab selected, the extensions are shown in the second, top
column.

If you unload a package (Menu option "Remove (Unload)") that extends a
class, the extension (and all its methods) is gone.

Another way to remove an extension is to remove (delete) all methods
extended in a package. In VisualWorks 7.4 I tested doing this after
#oracleConversion. The OracleEXDI extension is immediately removed
from the browser. So when all instance and class methods are removed,
the extension is automatically gone.

Runar Jordahl