Rename DummySuperclassOfColorPickerMorph

Rename DummySuperclassOfColorPickerMorph

Mariano Martinez Peck
But I don't have a better name for that. Any ideas?  It has a subclass ColorPickerMorph

Cheers

mariano

Re: Rename DummySuperclassOfColorPickerMorph

Stéphane Ducasse
We should remove this class. It is plain bad.
For that we should replace colorPickerMorph with ColorChooser.

Stef

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
We should remove this class. It is plain bad.
For that we should replace colorPickerMorph with ColorChooser.

I am not sure which is the direction here. ColorPickerMorph is from Morphic-Widgets.
ColorChoose is from Polymorph. If we change ALL places of PharoCore to use ColorChooser instead of ColorPickerMorph we will be completely couple to Polymorph. I mean, I would really like to be able to load and unload Polymoprh from core without problem. So..I am not sure which is the intention here.

Polymorph will be in core always ?  or as something optional ?

Cheers

Mariano

On Mar 20, 2010, at 5:52 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> We should remove this class. It is plain bad.
> For that we should replace colorPickerMorph with ColorChooser.
>

> I am not sure which is the direction here. ColorPickerMorph is from Morphic-Widgets.
> ColorChoose is from Polymorph. If we change ALL places of PharoCore to use ColorChooser instead of ColorPickerMorph we will be completely couple to Polymorph. I mean, I would really like to be able to load and unload Polymoprh from core without problem. So..I am not sure which is the intention here.

may be the colorPicker users should not be core.

> Polymorph will be in core always ?  or as something optional ?

I would love to have a nice core and "polymorph" an extension but it probably means that part of polymorph should be core.

> Cheers
>
> Mariano
>
> Stef
> On Mar 18, 2010, at 4:11 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
> > But I don't have a better name for that. Any ideas?  It has a subclass ColorPickerMorph
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > mariano

Re: Rename DummySuperclassOfColorPickerMorph

Gary Chambers-4
Try UIManager default chooseColor...
That would be a potentially portable facade...

Regards, Gary.