Renaming classes

Ian Bartholomew-18
This is a new problem with the beta 5.1.3 (5.1.2 was OK)

Open a SystemBrowser
Select the $ folder
Select any class
 From either the main or context menu select Refactorings/Rename
Press any key to edit the class name.

Immediately after making a change the close dialog pops up, it should
normally wait for the enter key to be pressed.

If you select the "Class Hierarchy" tab in the class list before
renaming then the editing works a expected

--
Ian

Re: Renaming classes

Blair McGlashan
"Ian Bartholomew" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:KCIzb.16728$[hidden email]...

> This is a new problem with the beta 5.1.3 (5.1.2 was OK)
>
> Open a SystemBrowser
> Select the $ folder
> Select any class
> From either the main or context menu select Refactorings/Rename
> Press any key to edit the class name.
>
> Immediately after making a change the close dialog pops up, it should
> normally wait for the enter key to be pressed.
>
> If you select the "Class Hierarchy" tab in the class list before
> renaming then the editing works a expected

Thanks Ian. For some reason the key down is reaching the list view and
causing it to initiate an incremental search. This had me confused for a
while as I added a test class called A and then pressed the 'a' key when
renaming it, all was fine. Of course when I tried another key that was the
first letter of another class the problem occurred.

 From a brief investigation it seems that this problem doesn't happen in some
other list views, but I am not sure why. Anyway it looks like a tricky
problem, so I think that we will just withdraw the patch that was
responsible (#1243) from 5.1.3. It addresses a relatively minor cosmetic
issue, and further testing has shown that it doesn't work in all cases
anyway.

Regards

Blair