Renderer

keith1y
Lukas,

I am trying to get my head around what is happening to the renderer.

For my application I subclass the PRViewRenderer, so I can tweak how
things are rendered. For example I use the standard "content with style"
layout (unedited) which uses horizontal rules in a specific way.
Therefore I render horizontal rules as <div class="hr"></div> instead of
the standard. I also find that the rendering of paragraphs is
unpredictable and unhelpful so I take that out too.

What is the plan for the renderer and where are the hooks to change it?

Ideally, I want my default renderer to be configured by my choice of
frame. If I use one frame to embed content in another seaside app (e.g.
gjallar) I want to be able to render appropriately for that context.

regards

Keith

Re: Renderer

keith1y
Keith Hodges wrote:
> Ideally, I want my default renderer to be configured by my choice of
> frame. If I use one frame to embed content in another seaside app (e.g.
> gjallar) I want to be able to render appropriately for that context.

It appears that the best if not only place to provide a custom renderer
globally is in PRPierFrame-renderOn:
The fact that the renderer is originally chosen by the command suggests
to me that there is some use case for per-command custom rendering, that
I am not aware of, and my setting will break it. Is this the case?

Keith

p.s. is the new PRSlideShow a "crossfade?" I couldn't see any code that
does crossfading?

Re: Renderer

keith1y
Keith Hodges wrote:
> Lukas,
>
> I am trying to get my head around what is happening to the renderer.

Yes I can confirm that the new renderer approach is showing itself to be
a pain. How can I find out what is the current pier root component.

Previously I was able to do...

aCommand context renderer component

I think I may add it as a property to the context when it is created.

Keith