Rendering constraints

David Farber-3
If I add 'beRequired' to descriptionStreet on the MAAddressModel, the
constraint error message ("Street: Input is required but no input
given") isn't displayed on the personeditor page.  What do I need to
do to render the error?

Thanks,
David

Re: Rendering constraints

Lukas Renggli
On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 5:11 AM, David Farber <[hidden email]> wrote:
> If I add 'beRequired' to descriptionStreet on the MAAddressModel, the
> constraint error message ("Street: Input is required but no input given")
> isn't displayed on the personeditor page.  What do I need to do to render
> the error?

You are propbably required to add some style sheet that visualizes the
beRequired property. If a description is required the CSS class
'required' is added to the HTML of that description.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Rendering constraints

David Farber-3
No, I don't think it is a css issue.  The error is not present in the
generated HTML.

Here is what I am doing:
1) Set beRequired on MAAddressModel>>descriptionStreet
2) Go to the personeditor
3) Click on the create button for Home Address
4) Click the Save button (without entering any data).

What I see when I do this is:

        • First Name: Input is required but no input given
        • Last Name: Input is required but no input given
        • Email: Input is required but no input given

But there is no error for Home Address:, Street:.  Looking at the
html, Street does have the 'required' class, but it doesn't have the
'error' class and there is no error message for Street.

My guess is that the problem has to do with the fact that Home Address
is an MAToOneRelationDescription and some piece of code somewhere
isn't recursing down into its constraints and errors.

David