Rendering of WB Combo Box changed from VA8 to VA9 ?

Rendering of WB Combo Box changed from VA8 to VA9 ?

Steven LaFavor
We are current migrating our large application from VA8 to VA9.1 and it seems that the visual rendering of a combo box built in WindowBuilder has changed.  Under the VA8 runtime, it visually renders similar to a DropDown (grey rectangle at end of field with a triangle pointing down) in VA9, it renders as just a triangle pointing down at the end of the field. It is quite noticable on one of our screens where there is a dropdown above a combo box....

Any thoughts or ideas on why this may be happening?

Re: Rendering of WB Combo Box changed from VA8 to VA9 ?

Seth Berman
Hi Steven,

It probably relates to manifest files.
If you would like Instantiations to look at it in more detail, please send us a support case and we will be happy work with you on it.
[hidden email].  If you can, send us screenshots (before/after) so we can quickly determine we are on the same page.

Kind Regards,

- Seth

On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 1:59:39 PM UTC-5, Steven LaFavor wrote:
We are current migrating our large application from VA8 to VA9.1 and it seems that the visual rendering of a combo box built in WindowBuilder has changed.  Under the VA8 runtime, it visually renders similar to a DropDown (grey rectangle at end of field with a triangle pointing down) in VA9, it renders as just a triangle pointing down at the end of the field. It is quite noticable on one of our screens where there is a dropdown above a combo box....

Any thoughts or ideas on why this may be happening?

Re: Rendering of WB Combo Box changed from VA8 to VA9 ?

Seth Berman
Hello Steven,

My pleasure...glad to hear the problem is solved!

- Seth