Reorganization of Pier 2 and Magritte 2 Repositories

Reorganization of Pier 2 and Magritte 2 Repositories

Lukas Renggli
I've slightly reorganized the repositories for Pier and Magritte 2, as
it was discussed in the thread with the subject "PRTagCloudWidget and
PRVerbatim".

The codebase of Pier and Magritte for Seaside 3.0 is located at:

   Magritte 2: http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/magritte2
   Pier 2: http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/pier2

Both repositories are readable by public, to write you have to be
added to the developers though. Just drop a mail to the list if you
want to commit something and we will add you.

   Pier 2 Addons: http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/pier2addons

Furthermore I created a public repository for the numerous Pier
plugins that already exist and that (hopefully) will continue to grow.
Read and write on that repository does not require any registration.
Feel free to post your extensions there.

@Reza: I tried to move your commit that wraps widgets into commands to
the plugin folder, but there seems to be problems because the package
name contains spaces. Monticello wouldn't even load that package.
Could you please recommit the package without spaces?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Reorganization of Pier 2 and Magritte 2 Repositories

Dale
I plan on making a pass through the Magritte2 and Pier2 Metacello configurations this weekend to make sure that they are getting the packages from the correct repositories...

Dale

----- "Lukas Renggli" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| I've slightly reorganized the repositories for Pier and Magritte 2,
| as
| it was discussed in the thread with the subject "PRTagCloudWidget and
| PRVerbatim".
|
| The codebase of Pier and Magritte for Seaside 3.0 is located at:
|
|    Magritte 2: http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/magritte2
|    Pier 2: http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/pier2
|
| Both repositories are readable by public, to write you have to be
| added to the developers though. Just drop a mail to the list if you
| want to commit something and we will add you.
|
|    Pier 2 Addons: http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/pier2addons
|
| Furthermore I created a public repository for the numerous Pier
| plugins that already exist and that (hopefully) will continue to
| grow.
| Read and write on that repository does not require any registration.
| Feel free to post your extensions there.
|
| @Reza: I tried to move your commit that wraps widgets into commands
| the plugin folder, but there seems to be problems because the package
| name contains spaces. Monticello wouldn't even load that package.
| Could you please recommit the package without spaces?
|
| Lukas
|
| --
| Lukas Renggli
| http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Reorganization of Pier 2 and Magritte 2 Repositories

Lukas Renggli
> I plan on making a pass through the Magritte2 and Pier2 Metacello configurations this weekend to make sure that they are getting the packages from the correct repositories...

Ohh, I sorry, I forgot about that (again).

I moved the packages

    Pier-Documents
    Pier-EditorEnh
    Pier-Google
    Pier-LinkChecker
    Pier-Setup
    Pier-TagCloud
    Pier-Twitter
    Pier-VASTExporter

from

    http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/pier2/

    http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/pier2addons/

For now I left the package Pier-Security, Pier-Blog, Pier-Book in the
main repository. These are very big packages and somehow belong to the
core, I thought. But, I am open for discussion.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Reorganization of Pier 2 and Magritte 2 Repositories

Reza Razavi
At 23:28 26/02/2010, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>@Reza: ...
>Could you please recommit the package without spaces?

Just done; also added some more comments.
Regards,
Reza

At 09:07 27/02/2010, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>For now I left the package Pier-Security, Pier-Blog, Pier-Book in the
>main repository. These are very big packages and somehow belong to the
>core, I thought. But, I am open for discussion.

Pier-Security and Pier-Blog are major components that I plan to
integrate in all my distributions. So, for me, certainly part of the
main repository.

Pier-Book is, somehow more specific, although also a major component.

Regards,
Reza

Re: Reorganization of Pier 2 and Magritte 2 Repositories

Yanni Chiu
Reza RAZAVI wrote:

> At 09:07 27/02/2010, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>> For now I left the package Pier-Security, Pier-Blog, Pier-Book in the
>> main repository. These are very big packages and somehow belong to the
>> core, I thought. But, I am open for discussion.
>
> Pier-Security and Pier-Blog are major components that I plan to
> integrate in all my distributions. So, for me, certainly part of the
> main repository.
>
> Pier-Book is, somehow more specific, although also a major component.

I think security is "core", and a blog and a book are "addons". If the
addon is big, then it can have its own repository.

I only load:

        package: 'Pier-Core';
        package: 'Pier-Pharo-Core';
        package: 'Pier-Model';
        package: 'Pier-Pharo-Model';
        package: 'Pier-Tests-Model';
        package: 'Pier-Seaside';
        package: 'Pier-Pharo-Seaside';
        package: 'Pier-Security';
        package: 'Pier-Pharo-Persistency';
        package: 'Pier-Tests-Security';

so I never even noticed that the addon packages were moved.

I would like to load the tests separately too. IIRC, there were
testcases whose superclass caused a load dependency. Please add me as
developer (initials: yc), and I'll have a look at it.

--
Yanni

Re: Reorganization of Pier 2 and Magritte 2 Repositories

Dale
Yanni,

When you take care of the test dependencies let me know so I can update the ConfigurationOfPier...

Dale
----- "Yanni Chiu" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Reza RAZAVI wrote:
| > At 09:07 27/02/2010, Lukas Renggli wrote:
| >> For now I left the package Pier-Security, Pier-Blog, Pier-Book in
| the
| >> main repository. These are very big packages and somehow belong to
| the
| >> core, I thought. But, I am open for discussion.
| >
| > Pier-Security and Pier-Blog are major components that I plan to
| > integrate in all my distributions. So, for me, certainly part of the
|
| > main repository.
| >
| > Pier-Book is, somehow more specific, although also a major
| component.
|
| I think security is "core", and a blog and a book are "addons". If the
|
| addon is big, then it can have its own repository.
|
| I only load:
|
| package: 'Pier-Core';
| package: 'Pier-Pharo-Core';
| package: 'Pier-Model';
| package: 'Pier-Pharo-Model';
| package: 'Pier-Tests-Model';
| package: 'Pier-Seaside';
| package: 'Pier-Pharo-Seaside';
| package: 'Pier-Security';
| package: 'Pier-Pharo-Persistency';
| package: 'Pier-Tests-Security';
|
| so I never even noticed that the addon packages were moved.
|
| I would like to load the tests separately too. IIRC, there were
| testcases whose superclass caused a load dependency. Please add me as
|
| developer (initials: yc), and I'll have a look at it.
|
| --
| Yanni

Re: Reorganization of Pier 2 and Magritte 2 Repositories

Lukas Renggli
>>> For now I left the package Pier-Security, Pier-Blog, Pier-Book in the
>>> main repository. These are very big packages and somehow belong to the
>>> core, I thought. But, I am open for discussion.
>>
>> Pier-Security and Pier-Blog are major components that I plan to integrate
>> in all my distributions. So, for me, certainly part of the main repository.
>>
>> Pier-Book is, somehow more specific, although also a major component.
>
> I think security is "core", and a blog and a book are "addons". If the addon
> is big, then it can have its own repository.

I would like to avoid too many repositories.

> I only load:
>
>        package: 'Pier-Core';
>        package: 'Pier-Pharo-Core';
>        package: 'Pier-Model';
>        package: 'Pier-Pharo-Model';
>        package: 'Pier-Tests-Model';
>        package: 'Pier-Seaside';
>        package: 'Pier-Pharo-Seaside';
>        package: 'Pier-Security';
>        package: 'Pier-Pharo-Persistency';
>        package: 'Pier-Tests-Security';
>
> so I never even noticed that the addon packages were moved.

I just moved them 2 hours ago :-)

> I would like to load the tests separately too. IIRC, there were testcases
> whose superclass caused a load dependency. Please add me as developer
> (initials: yc), and I'll have a look at it.

What is the problem with the test cases?

I've added you.

Lukas

> --
> Yanni

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Reorganization of Pier 2 and Magritte 2 Repositories

Dale
When I created the Pier2 configuration I noticed that 'Pier-Pharo-Persistency' has embedded tests that caused a dependency upon 'Pier-Tests-Model'. I seem to remember mentioning it at the time on this list (or maybe someone else commented)...

In Pier1, it appears the Pier-Security and 'Pier-Squeak-Persistency' also has a dependency upon Pier-Tests.

In Pier2, Pier-Security has had the tests broken out separately...

Dale Henrichs wrote:
> When I created the Pier2 configuration I noticed that 'Pier-Pharo-Persistency' has embedded tests that caused a dependency upon 'Pier-Tests-Model'. I seem to remember mentioning it at the time on this list (or maybe someone else commented)...
>
> In Pier1, it appears the Pier-Security and 'Pier-Squeak-Persistency' also has a dependency upon Pier-Tests.
>
> In Pier2, Pier-Security has had the tests broken out separately...

Pier2 is fixed now. I split off PRImagePersistencyTest (whose superclass
in in Pier-Tests-Model) into a new Pier-Tests-Pharo-Persistency package.

My build script now does:

Gofer new
        renggli: 'pier2';
        package: 'Pier-Model';
        package: 'Pier-Pharo-Model';
        package: 'Pier-Seaside';
        package: 'Pier-Pharo-Seaside';
        package: 'Pier-Pharo-Persistency';
        package: 'Pier-Security';
        load.

and, for tests, it also does:

Gofer new
        renggli: 'pier2';
        package: 'Pier-Tests-Model';
        package: 'Pier-Tests-Pharo-Persistency';
        package: 'Pier-Tests-Security';
        load.

Re: Reorganization of Pier 2 and Magritte 2 Repositories

Lukas Renggli
> My build script now does:
>
> Gofer new
>        renggli: 'pier2';
>        package: 'Pier-Model';
>        package: 'Pier-Pharo-Model';
>        package: 'Pier-Seaside';
>        package: 'Pier-Pharo-Seaside';
>        package: 'Pier-Pharo-Persistency';
>        package: 'Pier-Security';
>        load.
>
> and, for tests, it also does:
>
> Gofer new
>        renggli: 'pier2';
>        package: 'Pier-Tests-Model';
>        package: 'Pier-Tests-Pharo-Persistency';
>        package: 'Pier-Tests-Security';
>        load.

That looks good. I've adapted my build scripts as well.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch