Reorganize World menu items - survey

DavidBajger
Hi here!
I was proposing survey for Pharo users related to menu re-arrangement, currently implemented by @gcorriga. Relate GH issue here https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/issues/8198. I will put results of voting to related GH issue then. So here are questions to you (same will be posted on Pharo Discord -> #development channel):

What would be ideal name for "VCS" top menu item? Menu aggregates all tools related to versioning, source code mgmt, changes, history. Please answer by voting buttons, or propose your own:
1. "VCS" (keep existing proposal)
2. "Source"
3. "Versions"
4. "Version Control"
5. "Changes"
(or anything else)

What would be ideal name for "Tools" top menu item? Purpose is to be the default entry point for any non-standard tools that someone might want to have loaded in the image. E.g. if you load Teapot, the two menu items would be found there. Currently will include just Roassal. Options:
6. "Tools" (keep existing proposal)
7. "Community"
8. "3rd Party"
9. "Other"
10. "Applications"
(or anything else)

Complete overview (screenshots) here: https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/issues/8198
David Bajger

David Bajger

Re: Reorganize World menu items - survey

Stéphane Ducasse

On 20 Jan 2021, at 11:24, DavidBajger <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi here!
I was proposing survey for Pharo users related to menu re-arrangement, currently implemented by @gcorriga. Relate GH issue here https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/issues/8198. I will put results of voting to related GH issue then. So here are questions to you (same will be posted on Pharo Discord -> #development channel):

What would be ideal name for "VCS" top menu item? Menu aggregates all tools related to versioning, source code mgmt, changes, history. Please answer by voting buttons, or propose your own:
1. "VCS" (keep existing proposal)
2. "Source"
3. "Versions"
4. "Version Control"
5. "Changes"
(or anything else)

Version Control?

What would be ideal name for "Tools" top menu item? Purpose is to be the default entry point for any non-standard tools that someone might want to have loaded in the image. E.g. if you load Teapot, the two menu items would be found there. Currently will include just Roassal. Options:
6. "Tools" (keep existing proposal)
7. "Community"
8. "3rd Party"
9. "Other"